Looking for sheds

Reactions
Has any one here ever found sheds in either the Wilson or Trask areas lately? I haven't hunted these areas before (deer or elk) but plan on heading out there this fall. I also plan on doing some scouting soon, starting in a couple of weeks looking for sheds. Just hoping to get some pointers from some of you. No..... I'm not trying to get your secret spots, just looking for as much info as possible from those with more experience than me.

Thanks.

Reactions
Sheds are pretty tough to find in NW Oregon, in my experience. You darn near have to trip over them to find them. I usually only find a couple a year just because the woods are so thick.

Reactions
This won't help you right now but...I read an article in a "sportsmans" type magazine that was all about a guy in the midwest who trained his lab to find sheds, it was great. Farmers used him to get sheds off the fields so it didn't damage tractor tires. It's a good read if you can find it on the net. But what a great way to spend a day with your dog in the hills.

SDR

Reactions
I use my Shepherd to find sheds.....If you can teach them to retrieve,You can teach them to horn shed hunt.... He will also locate a wounded , downed animal...A old gentleman I come ac crossed on the coast one time wounded A very nice Big big bull and lost him....My buddy fetched him up in a hours time of searching...

bear-4.jpg
bear-3.jpg
bear-2.jpg
bear-0.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom