JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dude, I am EXACTLY the kind of person you'd want to do business with. I'm upfront, say what I mean and mean what I say, I honor my commitments to the (sometimes) bitter end, and I will let someone know they're about to run headlong into a brick wall instead of stand back and watch them do it. ALL of my trade feedback comments will support that.

I realize it's hard to sometimes get a "feel" for the intent of posted words in a forum, but your first post struck me as starting the "game" you said you're not into. Perhaps you were merely asking what his price range was before offering a price on your M-Pros to see if those were something he wanted other than Troys, or if it was even worth your time.

In order to avoid future (and unfortunate) misunderstandings of intent like this I suggest a more succinct post such as, "hey, I have some like new Magpul Pro's that retail for $140 I'd sell for $100 if you're interested". See how clear the intent is?

I suspect this has all started from a series of possible misunderstandings so I choose not to be offended, or be offensive. Hopefully you'll choose likewise.

:)

You and @Stomper don't seem like people I ever want to do business with. The sights are NEW. I just checked online, and Amazon has them for $140. Have fun paying "as little as possible" with them. If you hadn't been a child about it an offered that much, or maybe even as low as $100, I might have taken you up on the offer, but if you want to throw a fit, pay retail for all I care.

See, the thing is your first post identified you as a person I am not likely interested in dealing with because you are fishing for an offer.

You seem to have a misunderstanding about the role and procedures typically employed during a transaction in a capitalistic economy.

Let me explain it for you in simple terms. If you have an item for sale, You say " I have XXX for sale and I want $XXXX for it" I then as a buyer get to decide if I think that is a fair price for the item you have and either buying it or have the option of making a counter offer.

You seem to think the buyer should set the price. You ask me what I want to pay. As little as possible is as clear and accurate of answer I can give as the buyer. If you force me to answer with a dollar figure I am going to say something like $5. After all that is what I want to pay. (not what I am willing to pay, but that's not what you ask)

You have a number in mind that you are willing to take (by your third post its clear that number was $100, a number which should have been in your first post)

Someone who wants to sell the item would make an offer something like this.

"I have some Magpul pro sights that are listed on Amazon for $140, Id like $100 for them"

I then get to say something like "No thanks, I recently bought a pair surplus for $60 and after using them would hesitate to spend $100 on another set. I might be interested at $80 though" (which is true actually)

See, Its pretty easy.

I worked for a number of years as a buyer of surplus equipment. One of the rules I set was I would never throw out the first number. I am the buyer, I cant be the buyer and seller both. If you want me to set the price, fine. The price is $5. Now if you want to sell it tell me what you want. If you throw out a price that's way to high we are done. I have better things to do and I am in the business of making money. I cant pay retail for your item and we are so far off its not worth further effort. (which usually just ends in you, the seller being mad at me anyway)

I have ended up paying $50 for an item that the seller first told me they wanted $500 by walking away. Honestly I had no interest in buying it at all but he kept dropping the price till it was just too cheap to pass up. I have had thousands of transactions and spent millions of dollars buying used gear. I have a pretty good feel for how it works.

As far as childish I think you should go back and read this thread from the beginning and see if you can identify the one person who seems to be name calling and acting silly. I am really easy to get along with. I say what I mean and am a man of my word. And I would rather pay extra to deal with a person who does likewise than get a deal from someone who wants to play silly games. :D:D:D

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.