JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had the Liberty 100 HD
https://www.libertysafe.com/collections/handgun-vaults/products/hd-100-quick-vault

And really didn't like it. I have had poor luck with the finger press combo. I am using it where I can use the key.

It is about as small an inside as I can want to got -- gun, mag, light all have to fit.

I am looknig for a couple - one for in my little car for those trips insdie the post office
and then one for in a drawer.

Requirement - biometric has to be 100% reliable and easy. And, need a backup way to get in ie a key or combo,

I am considering Hornady TriPoint

If there are review threads please share, but I really didn't see any.

TIA

Fort Knox pistol box.

1651066501652.jpeg

1651066469281.jpeg

Good to know.

Moral of the story: Most lock boxes just keep the honest people honest. Some, like the Stack-On are about as good as sticking a Post-it on your gun that reads "Please don't steal me."

Fas1 Safes: http://www.fas1safe.com/

Heavy duty, mechanical, key backup option, combo lockout option, choice of sizes, built in holster option, carpet option. Only con is you have to drill your own mounting holes. Built like a tank though but no biometric. Most standard "safes" are easily defeated. A guy did a youtube video series where he has his toddler defeat a lot of them. Also, as referenced above, the Lock Picking Lawyer has some good videos about a number of them.

Edit: They are a little pricey though. Ordered mine 6 years ago and the price is nearly double now. I'd buy another at the current price though if I had the need.

Last Edited:
Fas1 Safes: http://www.fas1safe.com/

Heavy duty, mechanical, key backup option, combo lockout option, choice of sizes, built in holster option, carpet option. Only con is you have to drill your own mounting holes. Built like a tank though but no biometric. Most standard "safes" are easily defeated. A guy did a youtube video series where he has his toddler defeat a lot of them. Also, as referenced above, the Lock Picking Lawyer has some good videos about a number of them.

Edit: They are a little pricey though. Ordered mine 6 years ago and the price is nearly double now. I'd buy another at the current price though if I had the need.
Note that the Fas1 containers have Simplex locks, good stuff but expensive. Generally you only find Simplex locks on more costly containers. My theory is, manufacturers do not put great locks on containers that can be peeled with a screwdriver. Following that theory, if you find containers with Simplex locks, (1) you know the locks are good, and (2) those boxes are most likely pretty tough to break into.

--------------------------------- Here's an extraneous bit of history -----------------------------------​

Three very tough & heavy security containers I bought in the late '90s had Simplex locks; I still own two of those (under-the-bed handgun containers), and the locks still function flawlessly. The third container was an in-wall cabinet (it stayed behind when I sold the house) and one button on that simplex lock became sticky; it required a doubled-push to function. I could've probably cleaned the mechanism to cure it, or just avoided using that button; instead, I included the "double-push" as part of my combination. Incidentally, those containers were so heavy-duty that they came in a package labeled,

CAUTION
IF YOU DROP ME I WILL BREAK YOUR FOOT

You often hear the phrase, "they don't make 'em like that anymore". In this case, it is absolutely true. If I'm remembering it right, R&D Enterprises in Phelan, CA, was started by an aerospace worker who needed to feed his family, pay his mortgage, and buy ammo during the horrible 1990s slump in the aerospace industry. His garage seemed to be the focal point for assembly and shipping, but he contracted out things like metal bending, welding, powder coating, etc. Security container production ended some time after aerospace came back to life. Bottom line, those R&D containers are really great, and now really rare. If you ever come across a used one for sale, hit me up & I'll buy it if you don't want it.

Pro Tip #1: A mechanical simplex lock is far better than anything electronic. Batteries die and electronics fail...often at very critical times.

Pro Tip#2: Consider size carefully. It's nice to have a box that is big enough to hold your holstered gun. In this manner you can simply pop your holster off your belt and put the whole thing in, as opposed to having to draw the weapon out of the holster. The less you have to expose the trigger, the better. But the box obviously has to be able to fit in the car so you may not have much choice.

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

Once you've owned a Fort Knox pistol box you'll never want anything else. I have the one that opens from the front with spring pressure and I absolutely love it. No electronics, no beeps, just honest mechanical security. I can also open it in the dark in no time at all.

I dropped coin on 2 boxes.

First is the v-line
The V-Line Brute Heavy Duty Safe was well tested in reviews.
The one I got was V-Line Top Draw Locking Tactical

here are some pics
WS4HaaqZMQ0rtqusyGGqSRmI=w2151-h1614-no?authuser=0.jpg

OBfAcF6Cf6ZWZUJaum_ifJCC=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg

Apparently it is for the Model 92 (their documentation photo not my gun)
S_JgG995-UJYS30hN1zc4s5i=w2151-h1614-no?authuser=0.jpg
Ak-ZfdBkPHpKlMYBg6mKvFHs=w2151-h1614-no?authuser=0.jpg

A comparison.
yEfISYckTii0618yZEUk8w0H=w2151-h1614-no?authuser=0.jpg

BUT

When I pulled back the padding I see a poor feature.
In the reviews, you want to see a Steel Bar protecting the Simplex mechanism. That keeps someone from using "ordinary home tools" (the legal standard in CA) from opening. In this case, no bar, so a bad actor can pound the shaft of the knob thru -- into the box using a hammer.
I had assumed they had updated all their safes, but that appears to be a manufacture date of a couple years back.

1651502650358.png

Reference this guys videos: Handgun Safe Research

I am disappointed in that.
Size was exactly right for my bedroom application.

Last Edited:
The other lock box I picked up is the Hornady TriPoint
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GVFD4DI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A typical load out for this box

i7S-U73OHAYxb5emRjDpE8x_=w1340-h1786-no?authuser=0.jpg

As a cross post, that is 25 rounds of Self Defense ammo with the Shield Plus.
I could use the secondary 10 round mag for upcoming Washington trips.
That's a Tenicor Certum 4. Have to be cautious when holstering as to keep the optic cover in place. Because of the Optic, this does not fit my other Shileld specific holsters. The Galco is generic - fits. Alien Gear Specific, no fit.
Yes the Elementum

And the Skeletool https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017ROOS3Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Lumintop AA / 14500

Below
Light Archer TN12

Both the CRKT and ZT knives are too big for my EDC. I use them mostly for the BBQ type situations.

UBmdD-4sHCpE30EIe9FIzeUt=w2151-h1614-no?authuser=0.jpg fgmMGGJWfKdb0Ee5LUHGyr3i=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg
oXr1g35o22KkoWfyis1cnJhH=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg f7MW20tomB8SM0poNRtkdRJo=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg
nX-d_npAUbfNoSZ5-lE7XYRL=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg

BUT my Alien Gear Holster Does not Fit :-(
wX2_eV4d-3h34JgsvE4rt2vv=w1340-h1785-no?authuser=0.jpg

The purpose here is for in the car for those times I have to go into a non-carry zone like the Post Office or Jury Duty.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads