JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does any one have a Standard catalog of Smith & Wesson? And might be kind enough to help me with a dilemma?

Trying to date a S&W 1905 M&P. The ejector tube and star have separated. Two pieces. :( Finding the proper ejector is proving difficult. I first thought it was a 3rd change. Now I've found some info indicating it can't be newer than a 1st change due to a 5 digit serial , or maybe an original 1905. Serial 968**. Who ever had the gun cut the 6"barrel to 4", and did a shabby job installing a mongrel looking front sight. On the left side......"38 S&W Special"...Under that..."U.S. Service CTG 'S "

the thing with the ejector is there are NO pins in the back of the cylinder that locate into the ejector star. Everything I'm finding is with 1 pin or 2 pin/holes in the star.

:s0077: :s0114:

73,648 manufactured between 1st and 2nd change. The 1st gen has a slight bump in value, same a originals circa 1905-1906. 2nd change is identical to 1st change with minor changes, two dowel pins are generally found on the star extractor.

Mine is the 4th edition page 162

My money says yours is 1st change.

.38 M&P 1905 2nd change serial #range 73251-146899 overlapping with with the 1st change of 1905 model, built 1906-1909

Very good. Thanks. I had read about the cross over in 1st-2nd change.

give SW a call, they might send you a replacement for free of charge or sell you correct part. :)

I wasn't sure if they would have someone to speak to me. I'll give it a try though.

The pics at Numrich aren't so good.

@Velzey you seek

Oh heck yeah. Been there done that. He's pretty busy at the time and seems that even "The Master' might need to do some research on this one. ;)

I'll be taking this one to The OAC show on the 26th. There's a couple of S&W guru's there.

Call S&W and give them the Serial Number. They will give you the month/year when your gun was made. They can also provide you with a model number of sorts. They DO NOT have parts for the older guns.

Call S&W and give them the Serial Number. They will give you the month/year when your gun was made. They can also provide you with a model number of sorts. They DO NOT have parts for the older guns.

Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads