JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Hi all, looking for a revolver in 22LR, anybody got one for a good price?
Thanks!
Jon

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Thanks, I've been avoiding the seemingly abundant heritage arms machines, I'll look for the ruger.
anybody have any first hand experience with the heritage?

Heritage arms are excellent. I have had, and still have, several. And I hate, I mean really hate, cheap guns that are unreliable. I have no tolerance for them at all.

Anyway heritage are heavy and have a 4 click action just like colt SAA. That 4 click action is key. It's fun just playing with them when they r empty due to that. For the $ you can't beat them. Plus you Can get them in 5" 6.5" 9" and 16" barrels. And you can buy a 22 mag cylinder for $28 new from heritage website (when u can find them in stock). I have never had the 9 shot versions only 6 shot. I highly recommend them. So much fun for so little $. They're pretty much a clone of SAA except for the safety and different materials.

Last Edited:
I wrote a review on the Ruger Wrangler last year . Great little revolver.

Pics of a couple odd ball ones of mine just for fun. 70967FF6-9DD4-4502-A3FB-1A5D17D3C418.jpeg 770D6E03-CA9E-4D57-837A-3C59C7B74E8C.jpeg 75067096-A6C3-42CA-818A-32A08D7D47E6.jpeg E30F05BA-CD62-4B96-8620-85AB4A837F97.jpeg

For an inexpensive plinker, the Heritage is just fine. I am not fond of the "safety" lever on them, but that is me. They will chase pop cans around the range all day long.
Really depends upon what you want to spend. I have some very expensive .22 revolvers, sure they have better steel than the Heritage, have better triggers, and some might be slightly more accurate. I can't say as they are more fun to shoot though.

Last Edited:
My problem with the old western side gate loading revolvers is the slowness in emptying and reloading.
My preference would be a tip open or swing out cylinder.

My problem with the old western side gate loading revolvers is the slowness in emptying and reloading.
My preference would be a tip open or swing out cylinder.

I can understand that frustration. For me the forced slow down in loading/unloading is good. It helps me take my time and appreciate the shooting process a bit more

Found a ruger wrangler at Damascus bi mart, instant background check approval and I'm on my way home with it.
Thanks all for chiming in with good experience, I had the heritage arms one in my hand, actually stock grip felt better, but ended up going with the ruger.

Thanks! The stock grips are a little small, so I ordered up the smooth rosewood to top it off. Overall I'm more satisfied than I had thought I'd be

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.