JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if you can't see the pic, it's the 2.5" Chiappa Rhino, DA/SA non-reciprocating hammer, and fires from the bottom of the cylinder for no muzzle flip, and a lower bore axis.

It's pretty hard to beat a Ruger SP101. Ruger makes it with a 2.25" barrel, 5 shot, in a .38 special that can handle +P rounds,and also a .357 magnum version. They only come in stainless steel but they are rugged as all get go. They also make a 3" barrel,6 shot version in .327 magnum that can fire the .32 S&W,.32 S&W Long,.32 H&R Magnum,and the Federal .327 Magnum. Pretty versatile revolver. :s0155:

I agree completely. The SP101 is a great revolver.

I have a Charter Arms Bulldog, 44 spc. with CT laser that, until I got the Public Defender, I carried in the car console. The LCR would also fit the bill for you.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

A S&W Snub nose is what I would suggest. If nothing eles as soon as a good one shows up they are sold fast. Hard to find one at a bargin price.

I like my S&W 386. Scandium frame so its lightweight and a 7 shot cylinder. If you pick a milder .357 Magnum load it is not punishing and even fun to shoot.

1-14-11019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great discussion and fuel for thought. I was doing some quick CC revolver research before going to PDX Gun Show today. When I realized how late it was in the day it told me I needed more research and homework. Ruger LCR looks like a good solution: lightweight and decent reviews. Longtime fan of Ruger. Don't think I want .357. Thanks again all for sharing your thoughts, opinions and photos.
Now which one was it that had shrouded/shielded hammer but still access to it? hmmm, have to go back through comments.

This was my wife's 2nd handgun.. (mad crate's puc from this thread) I am still kicking myself for selling it after she went up to her magnums. I could pop soda cans off a fencepost at 25 yards with that gun. 3 inch heavy barrel is far superior to the tiny 2 inch barrels

Here's a J frame model 38 with an exposed hammer and hogue grip....
000_0425.jpg

The M649 is my wife's current backup and jogging gun. Same gun, all stainless with CT grips.. I'll get a pic up of it in a minute..

The new Smith and Wesson Bodyguard deserves a hard look. The grip designs makes it very controllable with little felt recoil compared to other J frame Smiths and the trigger is really good. I bought it for my wife and she loves shooting it which means she also practices and isn't afraid of the recoil or gets worn out shooting it. It also has a laser but she rarely uses it.

My gal's M649. Stiff but famous S & W breaking glass trigger, superior to Ruger's trigger. If you want small enough to fit in your front pocket with a usable hammer, this is it. Not the easiest gun to shoot well, takes some mastery, and it will kick harder than a K frame magnum. The CT grip is an excellent addition for this type of belly gun as it is instant on with no switch to fool with, and it is hard rubber that will not snag in your pocket

If you're looking at holster only carry, go with the 3 inch heavy barrel type, they are much better shooters

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top