JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for recomendations for a .32 mag , 38spl, maybe 357Mag revolver. I'll be happy with a 5 shot. has to have a hammer and DA/SA 2"-2.5" barrel be able to fit 3.5 fingers on a Houge style rubber grip (My Bull Dog Pug has this style grip)

Basically I am looking for a physically smaller version of my Bull Dog Pug. (5sht .44spl)

I much prefer blued or black finish not so much into the designer colors crap.

Budget is always a factor but I buy firearms and keep them a very long time so quality is also important.

WHAT YOU LIKE?

Take a look at he many J frame S&W revolvers. These can be light weight alloy frames or steel/stainless steel guns. .38 or .357mag. I don't care for the air weight guns in .357 as the recoil is not pleasant.

Here's a M640, 5 round .357 with CT lazor grips next to a .44 Bulldog. The enclosed hammer makes this pocket carry friendly. The Bodyguard S&W has a shrouded hammer so you still have SA option.
bd01.jpg

The Model 36 Chief's special is a .38 and can be found in 3" and shorter.
smithM3601.jpg

I don't think any of the Rugers are going to be smaller than the Bulldog, Taurus has a few to choose from, never owned one.

So far the Charter Arms Undercover .38 in DA/SA Blue looks pretty close. And the 38 +P chambering would give me a little more umph for the carry rounds. Speedloaders are dirt cheap for Charter Arms pistols so thats a plus as well. Have to go fondle one of these.

13820.gif

Keep the recomendations coming I won't be buying for a while I got time to decide.

It's pretty hard to beat a Ruger SP101. Ruger makes it with a 2.25" barrel, 5 shot, in a .38 special that can handle +P rounds,and also a .357 magnum version. They only come in stainless steel but they are rugged as all get go. They also make a 3" barrel,6 shot version in .327 magnum that can fire the .32 S&W,.32 S&W Long,.32 H&R Magnum,and the Federal .327 Magnum. Pretty versatile revolver. :s0155:

Love my S&W 442 Airweight .38 special... looked at all the others, Charter Arms doesnt have consistent quality as well as Taurus, Rugers were to heavy and I picked up this Smith fairly unused for $300, I love shooting it and its my main carry piece with Hornadys personal defense ammo, lil critter even fires the big 158gr JHP +P rounds well, however the Military ball ammo is in my opinion much stronger than most +P loads and kicks a bit more, but still a blast to shoot, and with the Hogue monogrip its an all day shooter.

I have a S&W 36 no dash and a early 90's Taurus mod 85 stainless both have about 2" barrels. I have been very pleased with these revolvers. After shooting both I ask my wife which of these she liked best, she now has the Taurus.

I saw that you specified SA/DA capabilities but I'd suggest you look at the Ruger LCR. Nice lightweight 5shot, +P capable, with a pretty sweet DA only trigger. Mine has been plenty accurate and very manageable when firing. The weight makes it a dream to carry too :)

Another option is 9mm. Taurus also makes it with the exposed hammer for D/A S/A.

Taurus-TF.jpg

If I was looking for another, it would be the Ruger SP100 with the 3" barrel as mentioned earler.

If you like your Bulldog, why not get a Charter arms in your caliber.

<broken link removed>

This is the direction I am leaning but I try to be a good shopper and since revolvers no longer in production are hard to search for if you don't know what your looking for I thought asking would be a good option.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top