JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I plan on being at the match, although I'm pretty sure I won't embarrass anyone.

I'll probably register to shoot an AR for a match score, and pay extra to shoot a bolt gun as a second gun so that I'll get some extra practice for next month's sniper match.

Thanks Unka. Randy and Terry are two squared away guys!

Yes they are. I've been shooting PR since '01 and while it's had it's growing pains over the years, it continues to be an excellent event. The biggest draw for me, is that you are there to essentially compete against yourself and have fun. It's not overly serious and everyone gets along and has a great time.

Some of the reasons I enjoy the way Randy and crew run matches are:
1. King of the mountain type attitude people are let know that we are there to have fun and learn, not to put other people down.
2. The IPSC type rules and whining isn't tolerated.
3. Match rules make sense for a truly practical/tactical format, within the
framework of safety, and what civilians can do to practice at a weekend match. Sure, it isn't perfect, but within the confines of a one day match, people with an open mind an learn a great deal about their skill, equipment, and what they need to do to improve themselves, and have fun doing it.
4. The ratio of shooting time to standing around time is reasonable. Matches seldom have bottlenecks that make the match take all day.
5. Competitors will gladly share their stage tactics and plans with you in order to help you do better. In many other matches, asking how to shoot a stage only gets you a dirty look that says "the heck I'll help you, you might shoot better if I do". People realize that when everyone shares tips, suggestions, and tactics, everyone benefits. Sort of like the attitude at a GOOD martial arts studio.
6. The arrogance and we/they (top shooters vs regular people) shown by many top shooters in other disciplines is greatly frowned on at these matches. This is one of the things I like best about the practical rifle at TCGC.

Some of the reasons I enjoy the way Randy and crew run matches are:
1. King of the mountain type attitude people are let know that we are there to have fun and learn, not to put other people down.
2. The IPSC type rules and whining isn't tolerated.
3. Match rules make sense for a truly practical/tactical format, within the
framework of safety, and what civilians can do to practice at a weekend match. Sure, it isn't perfect, but within the confines of a one day match, people with an open mind an learn a great deal about their skill, equipment, and what they need to do to improve themselves, and have fun doing it.
4. The ratio of shooting time to standing around time is reasonable. Matches seldom have bottlenecks that make the match take all day.
5. Competitors will gladly share their stage tactics and plans with you in order to help you do better. In many other matches, asking how to shoot a stage only gets you a dirty look that says "the heck I'll help you, you might shoot better if I do". People realize that when everyone shares tips, suggestions, and tactics, everyone benefits. Sort of like the attitude at a GOOD martial arts studio.
6. The arrogance and we/they (top shooters vs regular people) shown by many top shooters in other disciplines is greatly frowned on at these matches. This is one of the things I like best about the practical rifle at TCGC.

Exactly...:s0155:

Heck, I've lent people my rifles so they could shoot the match rather than just watch.

From todays PR match at Tri County...

452651366_exz6v-L.jpg

452728251_3UnuS-L.jpg

452692457_uuJfz-L.jpg

452707889_hj4Jf-L.jpg

-Mark.

The next practical rifle match on the second saturday of June is supposed to be a team match..two man teams. It will be interesting to see what types of gear the teams think will do best: 2- medium range rifles; one long range and one short range; one medium, and one long range..

The next practical rifle match on the second saturday of June is supposed to be a team match..two man teams. It will be interesting to see what types of gear the teams think will do best: 2- medium range rifles; one long range and one short range; one medium, and one long range..
The last team match I participated in was in October....the two shooters had to shoot at the same targets or an equal set of target at the same time. I'm not certain what will work best but an accurate set of ARs shooting 69grain match loads is always hard to beat.....I've given away too much information already.....

Wade's in Bellevue is conducting some classes for Practical Rifle. Didn't read too much about it since I'm more of a pistol guy. Might want to call them and check what's the scoop.

Wade's Indoor Shooting Range
(425) 649-5995

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews