JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I went to my normal shooting spot, just off Lower Bridge Way, and ended up getting a written warning from a BLM Ranger. Now I have been shooting in this spot for the last 8yrs, even had Sheriffs deputies come by and never had any problems.
Seems the whole Steamboat area was shut down to shooting many years ago but this spot was never enforced. This sucks because this spot is perfect with a really good backdrop.
Now I need to find another spot fairly close to this one if possible. Any ideas?

It seems more and more of OUR land is being put off limits.

Call the sheriff dept and ask them :) One of my coworkers did this recently for a group shoot and got a list of places to go. I would post here but the email has been archived out of my mailbox because it was a few months ago.

i don't know of anything N. red......i shoot off millican by prineville airport, also check with the sheriff.....blm property belongs to "US" it's public land ....
google BLM & TARGET PRACTICE

steven

Thanks guys, I just get upset over how a couple complaints can shut down a large section of land to many shooters. This was a very popular spot for Crooked River Ranch and Terrebbone shooters. The area of complaint was at least a mile away.
Oh well, got to get on with life and find another spot for my rifles. I would like to find a spot with at least 200yrds of safe shooting.
I will contact the Sheriff anf see what he says.

i used to live on crr not far from steamboat. willfully stopped shooting there when they started building right on the blm boundry and some ahole decided to plant roofing nails EVERYwhre. friend got 4 flat tires there. started going to a spot just off the madras-prineville highway. go out smithrock way to skull hallow campground.. keep going another 3 miles. right before forementioned highway ttheres a road to the left wit a horse corral go past that about half mile theres a good 300 yard spot there

wit a horse corral go past that about half mile theres a good 300 yard spot there
Bryce Corral. I Left a lot of lead in the area over the years! You can also get there by turning right on Park Lane off 97 North of Terrebonne. Go past McPheeters Turf, cross the canal and stay on the dirt road till you come to a 'T' intersection. Turn left and it's less than a 1/4 mile on the left. Good spot, but it is also popular with the upscale horse crowd and their 100K + RV/horse trailer combos in the summer so be aware of your backstop.

AND if you happen to find a very corroded .22 rifle loading tube lying on the ground please pick it up and let me know. Several years ago I lost the tube from my Marlin 39A out there and spent a day retracing my steps out there looking for it but to no avail....I wound up ordering a new one from Numrich Arms which actually fit better than the one I had and may have not been the correct one to begin with!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top