JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting. I'm new to firearms and recently bought my first carbine (it's actually a CAA carbine conversion kit for my 9mm pistol) and need a riser mount to use flip sights with a green dot sight. I tried a .5" riser and it was a little too high for my liking, so I'm looking for a riser that elevates by .25" - .33". I'm having a really hard time finding this height at my local stores and online. Does anyone have a set they are willing to sell me or ideas for places to buy a set (I've tried Amazon, eBay, and several online firearm and ammo websites)? Thanks!

Welcome! I am not sure anything less than 1/2" exists as it is about the minimum you can make one. Maybe find an optic with a lower mount available? I run a glock 19 in a caa micro roni and a sig romeo 5 with regular AR height works fine. I will double check when I get home but I think I am speaking factually.

Thanks for your response and the welcome! I'm not surprised to hear that risers less than .5" are not made. When you set up your dot sight and flip sights without a mount riser for the sights, did your front sight end up at the top of your dot sight view or the middle? When I used a .5" riser, my front sight ended up at the very top of the dot sight sight. I would prefer to have the front sight sitting more towards the middle of the sight view if possible. Thanks!

I prefer lower 1/3 cowitness but honestly I leave sights flipped down and rely on the sig red dot to be on when I pick it up as it has the shake awake feature. I will check my setup when I get home.

Yep with my plastic "irons" flipped up I have about a 1/3 cowitness. I am guessing you have an optic /mount out of spec as it should play nice on a same plane rail with flip up sights. 75158292-A56F-4D34-975D-68FE196B5E77.jpeg 95423021-F1C4-493A-8CE8-898CB7BF08A9.jpeg

Thanks for sending along some pictures. I see what you mean; the front sight sits at the bottom of your sight. I actually resolved the issue unexpectedly. Yesterday flip sights I bought off of Amazon arrived that sit higher than the flip sights I was using before, so the front sight sits close enough to the middle of my dot sight view. But thanks for your help! Here is my conversion kit. Do you like your kit? I really like mine so far. I recently added a 3x magnification optic, which is great.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 9.37.38 AM.png

I haven't tried it at more than 40 or 50 feet so I haven't experienced the decrease in precision, but makes sense that it loses precision over long distances

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top