JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my wifes birthday is coming up and I have arranged child care which gives us the weekend to ourselves. I am looking for a nice yet affordable hotel to stay in for the weekend. I was looking around and quite a few places want in the neighborhood of $300 a night. Have hotels really gotten that expensive? We are just looking to get away for the weekend, and don't want to go broke doing it. Any suggestions? I don't mind driving a little ways, just need a decent price at a nice hotel. Thanks in advance for the help guys - Egan

I'm not too familiar with the Seattle area, but you might try looking for a bed and breakfast. They cost about the same or sometimes even less than a hotel and are much more relaxing and much nicer rooms. It might be a little further than you want to drive, but my wife and I stayed at a place called the Granite Hills Inn B&B in Leavenworth, wa. We loved it there and the town was pretty cool too. Good luck on your search.

Any employee/credit union/club discounts you can leverage? I found while on travel for my job that I could get hotel discounts close to the rates that my employer bargained with them. For example, I could get the downtown Seattle Hilton for less than half of the $300 you mention above. I would never have found out about the discount if I hadn't run across it accidentally, so snoop around. Also hotwire.com can get you a good rate, but you have to wait for the last minute and they won't tell you the name of the hotel until you purchase. There will be enough info so you know what to expect, just not the name.

Good luck, and I hope you run into something great!

I'll second the Idea of Leavenworth. The hotel/motels were reasonable a walking around town shopping and people watching was a blast. Food was excellent.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top