JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a budget I would get the Ruger EC9 for about $212 shipped +background check Ruger 3283 | G4G Guns
xl_100026641_4.jpg
For a bit more you can move up to the Ruger LC9s which in my everyday pocket carry for $254 +BGC Ruger LC9s Standard 3235 | G4G Guns
Same pistol, just with a better finish, adjustable sights and more mill work on the slide. It is in my pocket right now, in a BlackHawk Size 3 pocket holster with the flat magazine baseplate.
IMG_0307.jpg
The Ruger LC9s PRO version is the same price but does not have the manual safety or magazine disconnect. Ruger LC9s Pro 3248 | G4G Guns
I would only carry the PRO in a kydex holster and not in a pocket.
_vyr_5107Ruger_LC9s_Pro_F.jpg
3248-ruger-lc9s-pro.jpg
I have not ordered from G4G guns, I just found that they have the best price on the net for the LC9s.

The LC9s with safety and HiViz fiberoptic sights in only $299.95 shipped +BGC Ruger LC9s Black 9mm w/ Hi-Viz Sights
1b9ce4450de23eafcb96b93b3c0c7788--survival-blanket-aries.jpg
You are going to want to pick up a second 7 round magazine, they all take the same, and/or a 9 round extended mag.

Stay away from off brand cheap guns
Six Pocket Guns to Avoid Like the Plague - The Truth About Guns

The Walther PPS-M2 in my opinion, is the best sub-compact on the market right now.
It beats the S&W Shield and Glock G43 it's main competitors, in most all the test reviews.
And it's the most comfortable to shoot, so you will like practicing with it.
It even passes Lucky Gunner's most critical review :
Walther_PPS-M2_Feature-Graphic_29NOV16.jpg
Get the LE version and the low price currently is $319

Shoot different guns and compare. Find what YOU like and works with the way you shoot/comfortable in your hands. Go to a range that lets you rent their guns and try them out.

Have you shot before? If so what? If not taking advice from here is just as likely to go not well as it is to go well. At the high end of the budget you set you have a VERY large selection of options. If you are not familiar enough to know what you want first spend a little on a range that has rentals. Run a box of cheap ammo through a few that you like the feel of, then start looking to buy. If you buy first, then decide you don't really like what you got, then you have to sell to get something else. Far cheaper, and just plain fun, to get to try out at least a few options first. Test drive so to speak.

+1 on the test drive
Also it's useful to get ideas here so you know what you might want to test drive.

Edit:
I was shooting with a Glock G43 guy the other day.
He simply could not keep his hands off my PPS-M2
I think he wants to trade up.

:D

Last Edited:
Threat Dynamics (Sherwood), Safe Fire (Camas, WA) and some others all offer gun rentals. Spend $50 renting guns & time at that range and see what you like. I would shoot .380, 9mm, .40s&W, .45acp and .357 just so you understand the recoil differences.
IF you are a novice handgun shooter, be hones with yourself, I would also try a couple of revolvers.

Have you shot before? If so what? If not taking advice from here is just as likely to go not well as it is to go well. At the high end of the budget you set you have a VERY large selection of options. If you are not familiar enough to know what you want first spend a little on a range that has rentals. Run a box of cheap ammo through a few that you like the feel of, then start looking to buy. If you buy first, then decide you don't really like what you got, then you have to sell to get something else. Far cheaper, and just plain fun, to get to try out at least a few options first. Test drive so to speak.
I have. I used to own a Ruger lc40. I've also shot Glock 9mm and a 1911 at range. My buddy has a LC9S and I loved the feel.

The Walther PPS-M2 in my opinion, is the best sub-compact on the market right now.
It beats the S&W Shield and Glock G43 it's main competitors, in most all the test reviews.
And it's the most comfortable to shoot, so you will like practicing with it.
It even passes Lucky Gunner's most critical review :
View attachment 495716
Get the LE version and the low price currently is $319
I saw on budsgunshop for 365. Not too bad and it looks great.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.