Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking for long range

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by stitchclimber, Jan 14, 2009.

1. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

The "longest distance" thread got me to thinking, I need to sight in a few rifles and test their limits. Is there any good place to sight in rifles from 50m to 300m? possibly further? Within a decent drive from Portland?

(good place, as in level ground, not overrun with half drunk shooters, ect..)

does anyone have any land I could at least have a relaxing time sighting in a few rifles? heck I'll even let you help.

2. Tecla

Tecla Portland New Member

Tri county gun club has a 300 yard range, a few times a month they close one of the other ranges and turn it into a 600yd.

It's in Sherwood very close to the 5/205 interchange.

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

gotta be a member or go with a member. that shouldn't be too hard though, I think alot of people on here are members

4. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

I just joined last night, close to home and looks like a great facility, nice people.

I know nothing about rifles, after I'm acclimated/oriented I'd be happy to take a guest out who can show me a thing or two.

5. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Douglas Ridge has a 1K ,and Thursday is LR day.

6. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Clark Rifles is close and I would be happy to shoot with any body. They have a upper range at 25, 50, 75, 100 and then the pistol out to 50 yards and then a lower range with 100, 200, and 300 yards. Plus they have a wood stove because it is fricken cold at times. Plus they have big bucks that strut across while you are shooting. I saw a 8 pointer come across the other day.

Scott

7. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

Plus they have big bucks that strut across while you are shooting. I saw a 8 pointer come across the other day.

Scott[/QUOTE]

It would be tempting if no one was looking:paranoid:

8. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

That would be a quick ride to the slammer. They are nice looking. They are not afraid at all. Must be used to not being shot at.

Scott

9. pr787lv

pr787lv somewhere in the NW Member

+1 What a crowd! Price is right. looking forward to get action range certified.:woot: