JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok have looked at a few guns and am looking for a recomendation on what you guys think. Am looking for a 308 caliber long distance gun. Am looking to just have fun with it at the range and see what I can do. Might use it for hunting but not really into it much anymore. What I have looked at are the Remington 700 SPS tactical (getting hard to find anymore) Remington VTR, Savage 10FP and this just caught my eye while at Wholesale Sports a LSI/HOWA 1500. Let me know what you think as I know a few of you are into these types of guns:s0155:

Thansk for the info!

I picked up a howa/axiom through cocktailer just before christmas and I will say I absolutly love this rifle.Only thing is I cant vouch for the 308 as I got the 243 but real close.The pistol grip stock is really comfertable and the first rifle I can can shoot both right and left handed.I would personly recomend at least looking at it.

I've been a member over at Mels SC for quite a while... the majority of his entry level rifles are a Howa action on a B&C stock. The benefit to having Mel throw it together is that you'll receive the rifle with the scope, rings, and base already properly mounted and boresighted. If you do it the way I described above, you'll end up with the same package, but you have to buy all the components seperately and put it together yourself. Either way is fine, but you're still looking at spending just under $1k.

If you plan to leave the rifle factory the Savage might be the way to go. If you plan to modify the rifle I'd go Rem 700, although I've had some great custom Savages! My buddy used to have an SPS tactical it was 1/2 MOA out of the box but other's results with the same rifle vary. Recently a factory Savage F-class rifle unoffically broke the F-open and F-TR records (for score) at Machias (Seattle Rifle and Pistol assoc). I wasn't there for that particular match, but I'd seen this same rifle in action at the 3 matches previous, and I was impressed.

I've always wanted to try a Sako TRG 22 or 42. It is likely pointless for me because at my age with my eyes, I have trouble getting decent groups on my ABolt anymore. But there's something about the Sako that appealed to me since it came out.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads