JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an original, first run S&W 1911 that shoots amazing, but I'd like a few things done to it, and prefer someone local with a reasonable turn around time.

First I would like XS Big Dot sights installed, it currently has Novak 3 dot (non tritium) sights.

Second I would like the front strap checkered. Right now it has vertical grooves in the center of the front strap.

Third I would like a Commander ring style hammer installed.

Finally I would like it coated in black, it's a stainless gun. I have had several Cerakoted guns, all by different people, and have never been real impressed, it hasn't held up great. So I'd like the "best" durable black coating.

Who should I send it to?

BD3A01EA-0EAE-43CD-A8E8-86EFD2C06B91.jpeg

We do cerakote but you are probably looking for a PVD coating, there might be someone local that does that but I do not know of any off hand so you might have to send it out. We can do everything you are looking for but not the front strap checkering. That is more of an art and I know my limits lol I am working on a CNC machine and will then offer it but it won't be done by hand at that point.

@Velzey is closer to you and an awesome 1911 guy and his work is 1st class all the way! Your front strap checkering is going to be a good challenge, but He should be more then up to task, and it will look amazing with the combo of vertical groves flanked by diagonal checkering! His coatings are also top drawer and would be able to get you set up with the best options! :D

Bill Wren in Corvallis is strong in the ways of 1911 but I'm not sure he does coating. Local to us, the guy who operates out of the back of TJ's in Mac does coating.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top