JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to make a 38 special load comparable to the Hornady 90grain FTX Critical defense "Lite" load Using some Bear creek .358 96g round nose I bought from a member.
These will allow my wife to make her LCR go bang at a reasonable cost!!
Anyone have a tried and true load recipe for such a endeavor?

image.jpg image.jpg

All "tried and true load recipes" are the opinion of the poster, not as reputable or reliable as your loading manuals. The loads in .38 Special in your book (usually available online through powder and bullet manufacturers) is your best guide. All you need do is take the lightest bullet listed and use that for a guide. As you will be loading lighter bullets you should be able to start safely in the middle of the load range and work up to her comfort level. Hornady doesn't even list that bullet anymore. In my experience a 148 grain WC target load does just fine in small revolvers and are very manageable by recoil sensitive people. Your problem will to be able to drive that bullet fast enough that it being that light makes a difference.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top