JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone been through this process before? Do I have to be in ID to apply? Or can I apply through the mail, or Email? And when finished do I have to pick it up in person? I have found places on the net that will help you [ for a fee $100 to $200]. But if I can do it on my own I'll be that much better off.
I want it for the ease of travel. It covers most of the western states. I have a CA CCW, and a CA Hunting license. What else do I need?
I could not find a good answer on the net, Everything I found was several years old. And could find nothing on Non Res licenses. Thanks DR

FWIW,
Idaho requires in person training with range time. The class is taught by an authorized instructor AND a LEO or lawyer.
So as far as I know you will need to attend class in Idaho, apply at a sheriffs office in Idaho on a day they are accepting applications (last I knew an appointment was needed), and when approved a return visit with appointment to be photographed and to receive your temporary license.

Give Center Target Sports a call, they can walk you thru the process and correct me if I'm wrong.

Idaho state page

Center Target Sports

Along with your States' permit, why not get Utah's too? Idaho recognizes Utah's permit.

I am also confuse about what an "Enhanced Non Resident" permit is. Please enlighten.

Idaho statute allows residents 18 years of age, not disqualified from having a permit, to carry a concealed firearm statewide without a permit except in certain designated places including a courthouse, juvenile detention or jail facility, or public or private school.

Along with your States' permit, why not get Utah's too? Idaho recognizes Utah's permit.

I am also confuse about what an "Enhanced Non Resident" permit is. Please enlighten.

The Enhanced permit is accepted in all western states except CA. OR. and HI. If you travel a lot it is worth it.
For me, I have CA. OR is a open carry state, and I doubt I'll be driving through HI any time soon. So that about covers it. It lets me travel all over the west. DR

Doing the tic-tac-toe CHL/CCW state licensing mix & match...

1. I would suggest taking a look at Utah as well . They require a class by a Utah certified instructor, but did not require an in Utah, face-to-face appointment. [edit] The class was conducted in my home state.

2. You may be able to secure an Oregon CHL from a sheriff depending on your situation too. I assume that getting a CA license is a much higher bar, from reading several sheriff websites, neighboring state residents may apply. Sorry on behalf of Oregon that we don't have any reciprocity agreements in place - it sucks.

Good luck.

I'm going to be in Southern Idaho in the spring. I'm just hoping to get it all together in one trip. The Idaho enhanced covers all the states Utah does and then some. So no need for a Utah Non Res permit.
With a CA and Idaho enhanced I can get all these states!

I count 42 states DR

FWIW,
Idaho requires in person training with range time. The class is taught by an authorized instructor AND a LEO or lawyer.
So as far as I know you will need to attend class in Idaho, apply at a sheriffs office in Idaho on a day they are accepting applications (last I knew an appointment was needed), and when approved a return visit with appointment to be photographed and to receive your temporary license.

Give Center Target Sports a call, they can walk you thru the process and correct me if I'm wrong.

Idaho state page

Center Target Sports
Thanks, I reached out to Target Sports. DR

Just be careful believing any of those online maps. (USCCA has a some additional details on their site.)

Some state's (eg. Colorado) reciprocity does not apply if you are not a resident of the CHL issuer. Neither of my resident OR, or my non-resident UT permits apply in CO. OR has no reciprocity and UT is acceptable only if I live there. I suspect ID Enhanced may be the same.

I've tracked down some reciprocity agreements and carry them with me as well when traveling interstate. You can usually find them on the state's Attorney General website. Again, good luck.

Just be careful believing any of those online maps. (USCCA has a some additional details on their site.)

Some state's (eg. Colorado) reciprocity does not apply if you are not a resident of the CHL issuer. Neither of my resident OR, or my non-resident UT permits apply in CO. OR has no reciprocity and UT is acceptable only if I live there. I suspect ID Enhanced may be the same.

I've tracked down some reciprocity agreements and carry them with me as well when traveling interstate. You can usually find them on the state's Attorney General website. Again, good luck.
So most of the states I have looked at accept the ID Enhanced for Non Residents, but not the Reg Non Res ID CCW. That's why the Enhanced is worth it. DR

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top