JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to sell a couple muzzle loaders that have come into the family, and not sure where to go to get good information.

Searching on the internet has been extremely inconsistent, with all major sites being sold out, and other sites either not having any history of sales, or sales all over the place.

The 2 ML's are:

* Remington Model 700 50 cal

* Knight Bighorn 50 cal

Will provide a few pics to help, but would appreciate any help in figuring out the value of these. Thanks.

Here are some photos of them if it helps (had to switch from desktop to phone).

DE2096AF-587E-459C-B648-3195CD246964.jpeg AEC4B431-A79E-4736-821E-B7E80A507CA9.jpeg CC33C2FE-8B75-492C-93CB-00F3EC3D7407.jpeg 00864406-0884-4641-B3E1-20D8661D3CB9.jpeg

I see the Rem. 700 .50 cal. Stainless ML being offered on Gunbroker for $750-$1100. I didn't check completed auctions to see if they are being bought or not at those prices? But I usually think that around 80% of the asking price will usually make a gun go away quickly. So I'd take the low end of that range.

Knight ML rifles aren't getting huge money, and I've seen them sell in a stainless version for under $200. A scope, or special features can bump it up, but I doubt you'll see big money around the PNW as these inlines aren't legal for big game hunting during ML season. You have to use them during regular rifle season, which means most folks use a cartridge gun instead.

Well closed ignitions are legal in Oregon as of 2022 current regs and have been legal in WA for awhile. So as long as it can be used with #11 or musket caps then it is legal in oregon for ML seasons as far as I can tell.

Yes, it is in there. Look on page 2 under What's New for 2022 and it states.
  • Muzzleloaders do not require an open ignition.
Thanks!! I totally missed that line on the "What's new" page! That's quite a step forward for ODFW from how restrictive they were for decades!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top