JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took the NRA Basic Pistol class from Cascade Firearms in Boring, OR a month ago with the wife. Great class and great instructors, though maybe a bit far for you. A bit more expensive than some; however, the class was 9-10 hours long and included a significant amount of range time, which is what we were looking for. Overall, an excellent value. You can view their web site here:

<broken link removed>

Albany Rifle and Pistol (ARPC) does a handgun basics 101 for women and a ladies night monthly or so.
You might check with Four Corners Rod and Gun and see if they have anything going on also.

I believe Oregon Firearms Academy is a sponsor of this site and for the last 16 years has been providing defensive small arms training to both men and women with 25+ various courses to choose from on their own privately owned dedicated training facility.

Just had a fella travel 3000 miles to train with us this weekend! OFA is an international school with students from the military, law enforcement and private citizens attending annually.

Your wife is welcome to call our Office Manager, Vivian, who is in the office M-F 9-4 to visit with another woman about training and the Academy. 541-451-5532 or [email protected]

Might visit the web site to learn more and to sign one or both of you up!!

Here's a comment from someone from our Facebook page about our upcoming Women's Only Defensive Handgun 1:

"Having had the opportunity to attend about 16 OFA classes, I can tell you that the staff is ultra-professional, very patient, and not at all intimidating to students. Women should not hesitate a moment to take the class. No questions is a bad question to the instructors and they will take as much time as you need to help you build confidence at your own pace. Very highly recommended."

For all the details check out

Four Corners Rod and Gun Club | Salem's only exclusive gun club and range

Basic Pistol Course
Due to limited room pre-registration is required.

Course Goal: To teach the basic Knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for owning and using a pistol safely.

This course is designed to teach the safe handling, shooting, cleaning, and storage of a handgun. The course is designed with beginners in mind, but promises to teach shooters of all calibers. Even long time shooters may like to refresh their basic safety and shooting skills. The class consists of one Saturday of classroom work (6hrs) followed by four hours on the range on the following morning. Class graduates receive an NRA handbook, safety pamphlets and a completion certificate suitable for framing. This class is the first in a series of classes we will be offering and does meet the CHL state requirements. To pre-register please contact Chris Alumbaugh email [email protected]

Four Corners Rod and Gun Club | Salem's only exclusive gun club and range

i would not recommend four corners. Albany rifle and pistol club is best for women. Also try Jim jacobe in Salem. He is very well known and does tons of classes.

Jim Jacobe's classes are excellent. I've taken both the Oregon and Utah CHL classes with him plus his personal security (intro to pistol shooting) class twice (once solo, once with my wife) Highly recommended

This guy will steal your wife. Do not hire him.

tumblr_lsmgydcaX61qzv9mho1_500.jpg

No, literally... he'll straight up kidnap her.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top