JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
anyone know of a gunsmith locally who can rebarrel a rifle and cut a barrel blank or ar barrel to fit my bolt action rifle. Before anyone attacks me. you can mill an AR barrel in 9mm to this action. others have done this before.

I have asked allison and they gave me two answers no or $900. However, I did find a gunsmith who has done this before who charges $400 including the barrel

Tim aka @Velzey is the only person I trust with gunsmithing in this area.

PM him or check out his vendor section as mentioned above.

Also, please keep us updated on this project, Novem used to make 9mm bolt guns on the Armscor 22tcm rifles but no longer produces them. I'd love a bolt action 9mm.

The idea of a pistol caliber bolt gun makes my little heart warm. I like pistol caliber carbines. A 9mm rifle would be a hoot to shoot. Probably recoils like a .22 but has more punch. The .22 TCM itself seems like a neat little rifle - I wonder what kind of speeds and accuracy the TCM round gets out of a 16+ inch barrel. I know some would scoff at burning a tax stamp on such a creature, but I can see a 9mm or even a .40 being a fun SBR'd bolt gun - it would just be so dang handy and would make a good short range hunting gun for stuff like coyotes, wabbits, squirrels... and of course you'd thread the muzzle end and it could be a neat little suppressor host!

WARNING.....
Before anyone freeks out at a price. Consider, not only the material costs. But also the amount of work/time involved.....

Here is a typical re-barreling job on a bolt action rifle.

LOL.....there were many times when I dreamt of such a project(s). But lucky for me, I've already found re-barreled Mausers in the caliber that I was looking for. And, at a much cheaper price.:eek:

NOTE : No "bolt work" was involved in the above project. And, if you have to get non-standard rounds to feed from the stock magazine/action......that, will/might/probably also matter to the final price.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews