JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone -

I've been looking for a classic American made SxS on a tight budget, and finally found one: an L.C. Smith Hammerless Field Grade in 12GA, with mismatched serial numbers and just enough wrong with it to make it affordable for me. It has a forend so loose it will drop fall off if you don't hold it, and the safety doesn't actually stop the hammers from falling in any of its three positions. But the action does locks up nice and tight.

So I'm look for someone who can get it into safe-to-shoot condition. I don't care about refinishing or reblueing, I'm just looking for someone with the experience to competently bring the internals back into working order.

Someone local to the Portland area would be nice, but I would be willing to ship it out for the right expertise.

Thanks!

My choke as stuck on my 12 gauge and several shops couldn't get it removed here in Keizer. One finally recommended Kevin's Gunsmithing in Keizer. He took the choke out and was very reasonable on the charge for doing it on a Sunday.

I took him an old 30-06 that the safety would fall off. It took him about a week and when I picked it up he explained that it was missing several pieces and they couldn't find them. He just made them onsite and fitted them to the gun. Safety works great and my bill was about 1/2 of what I was expecting. Well worth the call and wait. He is normally very busy.

Maybe Allison & Carey.

Edit: Sat 28th,,,, shotgunworld, subgauge forum,,, guy Named Dave ie Pine Creek /Dave
of ; Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers.
He is very knowlegable on old (1913) L C Smiths
His collection is large, its his thing for grouse hunting in PA
Pine Creek grouse dog Trainers
Turtle Creek, PA (412) 824-3732
Call and ask for Dave and an expert in LC Smith gunsmithing mention you are from West Coast.
Worth the try, good luck

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top