JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my mind there is no question that basically any compact semi is better than a naa revolver. But if you have really had your eye on one and dont take it to seriously as a carry piece you wont be disappointed.
Ilikegunspdx, If you are a member of douglas Ridge by any chance, id be happy to let you shoot mine.

How much bigger is an lcp? I can make 3" groups no problem at 15 yds with mine. Lightweight and i see them used for $150 all the time.
Lcp II is an awesome lightweight option. I already have a sig p938 9mm that is same size as lcp ii except longer barrel. It's much heavier than lcp though. So I've got that size gun pretty well covered. Looking for something tiny to carry when can't carry p938 sized gun.

I think its fun to shoot, and always gets a laugh out if anyone in sight. I dont personally find them hard to shoot "accurately". Mine only has the little front bead, and once you figure out how to hold the gun level it isnt hard at all. Ive yet to hit a torso at 100 yards but I am actively trying
Haha yea I have heard about big fireball with magnum version. Pretty funny. Makes me think of the comment above re Fourth of July and blanks. Need to fill some magnum size cartridges for blanks. That would be funny to see. :p

I noticed the sidewinder model is only 1/2" longer than the pug. So that's an interesting option. Sidewinder with both cylinders is about same price as pug with both cylinders. Also found Magnum speedloaders for it and other magnum models. Sidewinder ejects with single push like normal revolver which is kind of cool. FC598939-B668-4094-9AED-6262D0F0DB3C.jpeg
FD84DFA0-2486-4E70-9434-B5AD1E462B1E.jpeg
8982ADF5-9E0F-4955-9511-4C7BC61E7FE3.jpeg

346A26B8-65E4-4D10-A65E-3AE2ABBE6F7B.jpeg
also there r some interesting grips out there from same company that makes speedloaders but make the gun much bigger which kind of defeats the purpose I think.
57218602-504B-43F3-9CCD-44B5F345D796.jpeg
CECB5B77-894D-4295-AF2B-9DF6F43E21A3.png

I carried a 22wmr as a back-up back-up for years long ago. The only thing that I could complain of is how sharp the cylinder edges can be - I have huge hands and could hold ok - but did end up cutting my thumb more than a few times.

At intimate distances - a 22 magnum is still quite effective.
Kinda like having a Dwarf MMA champion as a bodyguard. Maybe small - but still dangerous.

I read a story a few years back that a guy was carrying one in his back pocket while at the doctor's office.

When he slid up on the examining table he inadvertently cocked the hammer and when he sat down, boom right into his buttock.

OUCH!!

That's when I decided any gun without a trigger guard is asking for an nd.

No thanks...

Last Edited:
7 to 10 yards?
you are going to have to work real hard to achieve that with a shorty, more like 7 to 10 feet would be realistic... for me at least.
I have two, both with changeable cylinders. I'd skip the 22LR just go with the magnum. Albeit the derringer is pocket tiny for sure, it really is an up close and personal thing. Still pockets well, but mines no longer as tiny since I added a little larger grips to suit me, and even larger ones on the mini master.
The mini master though, actually can be used at 25 yards and more. So impressed was I, I put a red dot on mine which obviously reduces its pocket ability but is terror on squirrels.
doc19.jpg

Hmm, still firmly on the fence...
I went out several times for a couple hours each to try to achieve some degree of handling proficiency.

And granted, in theory it's a neat idea. In the flesh, the production/design/materials are all top shelf.

In 'real world theory', theory and reality should be the same.
In 'real world reality'....they ain't.

I felt at risk to myself let alone anyone near. Haven't handled the swing-down larger grip accessory. While appears to be an improvement....meh.

Can't escape the comment one of my early instructors scolded my choice of .25 Colt Vest pocket auto. He pointed out from a legal standpoint, that was a lethal weapon and all penalties would apply in any misuse of it. At the same time, if actual use was not an option, it really wasn't reliably life saving.

YMMV:cool:

gun without a trigger guard is asking for an nd.

Get a holster or carry pouch if one feels they can't pocket these without cocking it. Also these NAA revolvers have a safety notch between cylinders to let the hammer down. They are extremely safe to carry loaded in this manner and cannot be accidentally discharged as the hammer itself is not on the round.

Last Edited:
Get a holster or carry pouch if one feels they can't pocket these without cocking it. Also these NAA revolvers have a safety notch between cylinders to let the hammer down. They are extremely safe to carry loaded in this manner and cannot be accidentally discharged as the hammer itself is not on the round.

While the one I still have is FAR from being a first choice, I am EXTREMELY dubious of the story some guy told. That he was sliding up on the table and cocked and fired the gun. I suppose anything is possible but, my money is on this guy is not telling the truth. I would be willing to bet that if this guy really did touch off a round he did it some other way. Then with red face he had to come up with a reason it was not his fault. When I carried mine the idea for me was if I was cornered to use it as an arms length away into the bean of some do bad. If I had to use it at more distance the idea would be that hopefully a round or two sent close to the dobad may shake him enough for me to run. After all few dobads have the "cool" to stand there and take incoming fire and calmly return fire. It's why so many shooting involve a LOT of rounds fired with few if any making hits. Shooting at a person who is shooting back at you is nothing like shooting paper.

Last Edited:
IMHO. They are really cool little revolvers. We all like our toy's and that is what this is. Nothing more than that.
There are other mouse guns in a larger caliber that will do a much better job in a self defense situation than a single action mini revolver. If you are attacked, how many shots do you think you can pull off?

I carry one everyday. I tuck it into the short pocket of my jeans. Fits great and is out of the way, quick draw is not a thing though.

I do have a small 'back pocket' holster for it that works well too.

I have the 22lr/22mag and I keep it loaded with some Hornady Vmax, hammer down on an empty chamber (these have traditional hammers)

Its the best I can do at work, and is indeed better than nothing..... but then again, a hot 22mag in the face will deter most anything you will encounter... if not, maybe a few more rounds will do it?:D

Its fun to shoot as well. Get it. You will not regret it and I bet you will have no trouble selling it here if you find its not what you want.

As has been mentioned, there is a notch between cylinders that is meant as a safe carry position so that you would have no reason to carry with an empty chamber.

I'm fairly sure the story I posted about was published in a magazine like "Guns and Ammo" or some other magazine.

As mentioned, I read it a few years back and don't recall the exact source, but the story stood out as a warning, at least for me...

Is it true?

Maybe...maybe not.

I chose to believe it true.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top