JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have seen a couple places that sell the equipment, but for a one time use its kinda steep.
DOes anyone on this forum have a 1/2"-28 to loan or rent? What about these "build parties"? Never been to one, so not too familiar.
Above in this thread (which we are hijacking, BTW) is the term "bore centric".
That means the threads are concentric with the bore axis.
To do this you need a lathe and a single point cutter. The barrel is jigged up so that the center of the bore is the driver.

When you use a hardware store die to cut muzzle threads, you take your chances.
Don't put an expensive can on it or you might ruin it.

Exactly why I don't do threads myself and leave it to professionals like Tornado Technologies.

If you have any plans to use a can I recommend having your barrels professionally threaded. Even then you need to check and make sure they are bore-centric. Unless you like ruining suppressors with baffle strikes.

Above in this thread (which we are hijacking, BTW) is the term "bore centric".
That means the threads are concentric with the bore axis.
To do this you need a lathe and a single point cutter. The barrel is jigged up so that the center of the bore is the driver.

When you use a hardware store die to cut muzzle threads, you take your chances.
Don't put an expensive can on it or you might ruin it.

Be sure to drill out your AR-style flash suppressor to use it on an AK!

Krebs and others sell very reasonably priced "bird cage" suppressors for use on AK's. Most are threaded for the traditional M14X1 Left-Hand AK threads.

Mine has had the threads turned.
So the 1/2"-28 is the route I will go. Is it possible to use an old A2 bird cage on a AK?

Exactly. I was going to have Rifle Dynamics do the work but they've got a very long lead-time.

Tornado is probably my best bet but I was hoping for someone closer so I could drive it there in an hour or two.

That was going to be my recommendation but as you noted there's a long lead time. They're building me an RD701 right now and I likely won't see it until Dec/Jan.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top