JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll be hunting rifle. I'm gonna keep an eye out for him on my trail cams, and have another spot or two nearby that I think might be places he spends some time. Gonna try to find more than one hangout of his. I'm also still scouting other areas. Not gonna put all my eggs in one basket. Found a place yesterday where a bull uprooted 8 or 10 trees last year within a few hundred yards' walk. Put a trail cam there and at another spot near a trail in a pinch point where the brush is browsed down to knee height or so and there are deer and elk tracks all over. The scat in there shows consistent activity. If I don't get a bull this year, it won't be from lack of trying. And maybe he'll be a 6x6 next year!

Last Edited:
Just be ready for them to be pushed out by the archery crowd. Or no one will pressure them and you'll be lucky by rifle season.
From what I've seen, elk have their habit of using same routs or very similar patterns. If, they are local elk, not just wondering through.

If you can dial some of these routes, you'll have better chance, especially once other hunters start to push them around.

I have not heard that. I'm pretty sure I would have seen something on FB... if some good ol boys took out the pack, there would be a lot of outrage from the pro-wolf sector and the powers that be...
I must of been tired when I posted that. Meant to say I heard the wolves have destroyed the elk hunting up there.

Just be ready for them to be pushed out by the archery crowd. Or no one will pressure them and you'll be lucky by rifle season.
From what I've seen, elk have their habit of using same routs or very similar patterns. If, they are local elk, not just wondering through.

If you can dial some of these routes, you'll have better chance, especially once other hunters start to push them around.

This is spot on in my experience. Depending on where your at a herd makes a big loop. Especially west of the mountains like the coastal ranges of Oregon they don't really migrate as much as feed in a large circle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top