JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son is quickly narrowing down his list of pistols he wants to buy while home on leave (he's an Electronics tech in the US NAVY in his 7th year) And the top of the pile so far is one of the new Stoeger Cougars in 45 cal. Model #8045 F (same as the Berreta Cougar but with a new manufacturer under the same corporate umbrella) we found one and had a good look at it at the Fisherman's Marine in Oregon City. BUT we have vowed not to buy until after the two small gun shows we are attending this weekend. Cause ya never know what you might find at a nice local gunshow.

SO he's worried that if the one he found gets sold he'll have a hard time finding one before he has to return to Californiastan and he's screwed into their prices and legal mumbo jumbo. He will be compiling with all CA laws on his return of course. Believe me he's spent more time studying all their silly laws and rules then he did studying in all of high school LOL.

SO if any of you guys have seen a Stoeger 45 in any of your travels in the last few days if you could let us know WHERE it would really help. We will be calling around but you know how that can go.

Thanks

Mark W. (new guy around here but not new to the hobby)

Hi Mark;

Fisherman's marine Supply in Oregon City has/had a Black framed Stoeger 45.

Keith's in Gresham may have one but I do not know for sure.
Calbela's in Lacy, WA should the Silver finish 45's.

Remember the hand grip is a larger than on the 9mm. Great design and never a problem with my 9mm in over 2000 rds.

DUDE you just saved my son $31.00 They have the pistol he wants in Stock (just got off the phone with a gal there) She said they will be at the Gun show this weekend which we were planning on attending SO THANKS a lot for the heads up.

SO he's worried that if the one he found gets sold he'll have a hard time finding one before he has to return to Californiastan and he's screwed into their prices and legal mumbo jumbo.

That's a very real possibility. These are not very common.

Looks to be a classic case of overshopping.
You're going to pass up a good deal in hopes of getting a great deal and in the end will probably get nothing.

I've also seen many instances where people will spend hours and hours driving their 13mpg truck all over the place and paying $5 entry fees like a drunken sailor, in the hopes of "saving" a few bucks, and in the end they've missed the original opportunity and are stuck spending a premium at an online retailer + ffl fees + shipping in order to get the gun they want.

Being overly frugal can and will backfire.
Saving $20 is great, but if it takes you an extra 3 hours, $10 in gas, and another $12 in entry fee's... then you're actually costing yourself money.

That's a very real possibility. These are not very common.

Looks to be a classic case of overshopping.
You're going to pass up a good deal in hopes of getting a great deal and in the end will probably get nothing.

I've also seen many instances where people will spend hours and hours driving their 13mpg truck all over the place and paying $5 entry fees like a drunken sailor, in the hopes of "saving" a few bucks, and in the end they've missed the original opportunity and are stuck spending a premium at an online retailer + ffl fees + shipping in order to get the gun they want.

Being overly frugal can and will backfire.
Saving $20 is great, but if it takes you an extra 3 hours, $10 in gas, and another $12 in entry fee's... then you're actually costing yourself money.

Been going to gun shows since about 1965 My sons car gets 35mpg he's home on leave from the US NAVY and as with any kid with Car and Bike Payments he has a limited budget. Since he is also looking to by a hunting rifle and I am looking to get a new target suitable .22LR pistol we would have attended the shows anyway.

Since Keiths Gun shop will be at the same gun show we are attending he can pick the pistol up at the show as easy as the shop.

He was shopping when he was here in Aug (between duty stations) and has been shopping on line for months. NOT so much for the best deal but since this is his FIRST firearm he has bought he wants to get something he will be happy with. Since he is stuck in CA for the majority of the next two years he won't have the ease of swapping around nor does he have the funds to be changing firearms or buying more firearms every two jerks. So it's best for him to shop hold feel see discuss read reviews etc. before he hands over his money.

By the way he has been attending gun shows since a few weeks after he was born and by age five with a walkie talkie in his back pocket while his dad (ME) watched my table of handmade knives he had the run of even the largest 1000 table shows at the expo.

And time spent out shopping for a Pistol with his dad he gets to see on average once ever 12-14 months is a BIG PLUS as well.

We got this handled thank you.

Went to the Collectors West show First ones in the door this morning walked straight to Keiths massive display asked about the Stoeger walked around the tables to where it was my son handled it for a couple min told them he wanted to purchase. They walked him and it over to the table they used for paper work my son filled out the paper work we talked with the nice ladies there and in about 5 min the young lady that helped him had the approval from the call in center and we were on our way looking for brass and a few other things (OK also looking for a 30-06)

SO he has his first pistol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top