JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd like those of you who use the classified section to help me ensure they're working properly. The classified features can be sorted into three categories. If you experience problems or different behavior than what I'm explaining, please let me know. I appreciate your help!

Bumping

Threads can be bumped using the Bump Thread button under the reply box. People who have donated can bump more often than regular members. These intervals should be:

Bronze - 5 days
Gold - 4 days
Platinum 3 days

Prefixes / Searching

All new ads are required to have a prefix. Ads imported from the old forum will not have prefixes. You can click these prefixes and it will search the rest of the section for that particular prefix. You can also use the quick search under the section title to search the section by state.

Locking Threads

Members are required to lock their classified threads once they're no longer relevant. This is done by going to Thread Tools at the top of the thread and unchecking the Open box.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but the prefixes seem to be malfunctioning; more than one WA listing is showing up under OR, with apparently no way to change it. I can't verify this firsthand, just from observation from already-posted ads.

Apologies if this has already been covered - I scanned and didn't see it.

Cheers!

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but the prefixes seem to be malfunctioning; more than one WA listing is showing up under OR, with apparently no way to change it. I can't verify this firsthand, just from observation from already-posted ads.

Apologies if this has already been covered - I scanned and didn't see it.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. It seems there are some difficulties with the prefixes. I'll try to scan the classifieds today, look for errors, and figure out what we can do to fix them.

Hi Joe. At the gathering in PDX I spoke with you about monitoring the events folder. Would it be possible to require a drop dead date entry, after which the post would go away. It would cut down on clutter.

Hi Joe. I'd really like to see a separate classified section for OPTICS. Otherwise, its thumbs up.
Art

Looking into this Art.

Once you have posted the ad, the system will not allow you to successfully edit the prefixes.

As long as you don't want to change your options or don't make any mistakes.

This is our #1 issue right now, still working with the developer to figure it out.

Hi Joe. At the gathering in PDX I spoke with you about monitoring the events folder. Would it be possible to require a drop dead date entry, after which the post would go away. It would cut down on clutter.

That's not possible, but we could lock the threads of past events. Issue is people often like to talk about the events after they happen. I'll make note of this and see how we can work it into the calendar/event function we're developing.

It appears that even if someone posts on my ad it does not go to the top of the list. Is this correct?

That's correct. You need to use the bump button under the reply box, once the required amount of time has passed since you posted the ad or last bumped the ad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top