JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a small piece of brass rod to make a sight out of. I have a Remington 1100 that I cut a spare barrel down for, to 18.75". Everywhere I checked wanted $75+ to drill and tap and install a brass bead on the rib, so I bought an Allen brand snap on fiber optic sight from Walmart. It works well, but I think a brass rod replacing the fiber optic rod would look much nicer. The fiber optic is about 1/8" diameter, maybe 3/32". I would need about 2", and I'll measure diameter exactly with calipers. Anybody have an idea where I can buy something like that?

Parkrose Hardware might have it also.

Welding shops as stated before.

Last resort Alaskan Copper and Brass they might be a little spendy but?

For a short piece like that go to online metals. Alaskan will rape you on a short piece unless they have a drop somewhere... Even then it will be expensive.

Drill it in a drill press or preferably a mill. Start with a center drill, then drill a hole under the diameter of the rod and ream it or if you don't have a reamer drill with a drill the size of the rod. That should give you a good hole, a little red loctite and push the brass in. A machine shop shouldn't charge you more than an hour of manual shop time to do it.

I'll measure it tomorrow! There will be now machining required, the fiber optic rods snap into a little metal holder, that then snaps onto the rib of the barrel. Tacoma screw is right down the road, even have an account at work!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top