JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Like the title says me and a buddy are looking for areas where we can set steel out at 500 or more yards and do some mid range shooting. Will clean up after and make it look as good or better then when we came in. I f any of yall know of any spots it would be greatly appreciated.

North Wolf Creek Public Range is basically what you're seeking. I would think they have info on it here or can search on google. It's normal to bring trash bags and clean a bit, I like to use a tarp to quicken clean up for my own stuff. Get there early and you can get a good spot before it gets too busy.

I just caught a video on YouTube of a gentleman shooting 500 yards with Mt Hood in the background. No way to tell where he was at, but you could search out public land in that direction.

There are no 500 yard lanes. Guess you haven't been there? Or you're misleading on purpose. :s0155:
Past it there are. There is a spot we were discussing before Covid that ODF had eyes on. It's max distance is 450 yards. I think one of the logging companies has the entrance blocked last I was there though.

@Fieryotaku hit me up. I think I recall selling you a scope a few years back. I recall your in North Plains. Perhaps I could join and show another spot that I use for up to 1k too.

Past it there are. There is a spot we were discussing before Covid that ODF had eyes on. It's max distance is 450 yards.
Dood was outright lying about the 500 yds at the North Fork Wolf Creek lanes.

I remember you guys working on laying that out. I think I knew where it was too. Too bad it couldn't get done then.

Dood was outright lying about the 500 yds at the North Fork Wolf Creek lanes.

I remember you guys working on laying that out. I think I knew where it was too. Too bad it couldn't get done then.
Ya, that was an exaggeration. The long lane at Wolf Creek is only 80 yards. Though likely longer now that folks put targets further and further above the berm. 1 and 2 are now quasi 100 yard spots as more folks trudge though the swamp behind the berm to place targets up on the hill behind it.

I'm uncertain about the standing on the long range. I have been out of the loop with ODF for the last 2.5 years. They might start working on things again…

Back in high school we would go up to gooseneck out towards the coast. Haven't been up there in years. With that being said you are going to have to be willing to hike up and down a few valleys with the steel on your back. I'm sure the steel we had hung up is still there unless it's been logged. We got out to 500 meters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top