Looking for areas to shoot my bow.

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by Dmacgucci, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dmacgucci

Dmacgucci
    Vancouver

Hey,
    I've had a bow for awhile and I probably haven't shot it in about 6 years. Anyone know places close to East Vancouver/Camas to shoot. I have property near woodland where I can shoot but sometimes it's not worth the hour drive.

2. Siglvr

Siglvr
    PDX
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Not Vancouver, but I use to go down to the local park early AM PDX. Area use to be the "Hood". There was never anyone around, we had a great time. Put a phat square target in front of a rise in the landscaping and shot arrows into it. Later I was told that was illegal. Meh. My neighbor had his company party there midday and some jackalope opened up on some rival gang member with a 9mm right by the party of yuppies and emptied a 20 round mag, but no one said "boo" to him either and that seemed more disruptive to me. If anyone showed up with a dog or early am solitude, we'd see them from a distance and simply pack up.

We also went to an indoor range in Milwaukee on McLaughlin in PDX. Good folks there, lots of family's and very casual. If it's raining, I'd recommend the indoor place. They might have changed ownership, lord knows time doesn't stand still - the boy- sadly a pup no more - grew up, moved out, got a job and doesn't even live in the same state now. But Broken Arrow use to be wonderful people back when the pup was around so long ago. Home | Broken Arrow Archery | Archery Shop MILWAUKIE, Oregon

BaggerRyder and Dmacgucci like this.
  3. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

Blue Lake in Oregon has a range out to 100 yards, if that's not too far. I think I recall something around lackamas lake in the works, unsure if it ever went through. It's probably cool if you abide by general firearms rules and shoot on public land (mainly back stop).

4. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo
    PNW
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Sylvan Archers, Archers Afield, G4, logging roads with a backstop. You cannot shoot a bow in a park / field in the city. It's illegal.

Flymph likes this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    PDX OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Blue Lake has torn down the archery range that once was there! :mad:

6. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

What kind of a world are we living in...

7. Reacher120

Reacher120
    Portland

Chinook Landing has a nice set up (Or did before the high water). 10,20,30,40,50,60 yards. Right now, under water. Could be a while before open again

Flymph likes this.
  8. etrain16

etrain16
    Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2017 Volunteer

In Portland? Does that really surprise you?? Any sense left that city long, long ago.

Lightborne likes this.
  9. NU9MM

NU9MM
    Gresham Oregon

The old Blue Lake Archery Range is now at the Chinook Landing boat launch area it goes from 20 out to 80 yards

Flymph likes this.
  10. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

Probably a good thing considering all the kids running around blue lake. It’s a real fiesta down there!
    I’m glad they didn’t move it too far, or just abandon the whole thing.

11. RicInOR

RicInOR
    Washington County
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

12. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

Supposedly there is still a range over there, been a few years since i’ve passed by it tho.

Mt. Scott used to have classes and open shooting. Might be worth a look.