JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all.
My girlfriend and I are looking for an acceptable place to go shooting outdoors. Does anyone know of somewhere near enough to Tacoma or Seatac? I know of an area I used to go to south near Olympia, but do not know what the area is like these days. Anywhere within an hour to an hour and a half away from the Federal Way area would be acceptable. Anywhere up off of 410 near Ranier? Off I-90? Off 18 around, or past Black Diamond?

Looking to shoot, but want to avoid the busy weekend range crowds. Naturally we will pack in and pack out all our gear and garbage.

Fort Lewis has a range open to the public on the weekends. I have never had to wait for a bench and the people are great. They have approx 10 points for pistol (25mtrs) about 5 points at 35mtrs, then they have at least 20 double sided rifle benches. The rifle range has target points at 25 mtrs, 100, 150, 200 and 300mtrs. They have several human shaped gong targets set up at the 300 mtrs. They allow double tap/controled pair, rapid fire and allow human targets. The cost is $5 per shooter.
In Puyallup, off of 512, there is the Tacomas Sportsman Club. Sorry, don't have the link, but they are on the web. They can get a little busy, but not to bad. It is a "sportsman range", so they are geared more toward hunting rifles. Dont get me wrong, they get thier fair share of "black rifles", but they only let you do slow controlled fire, no human shaped targets and 10 round max in a mag. The people are nice and have a lot of knowledge and are willing to share it. They are pretty big on safety.
If interested in trying either, feel free to contact me.

Robert

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top