Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for an OLD Winchester ammo box

Discussion in 'Ammunition Wanted' started by Mark W., Jan 4, 2011.

1. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I am putting together a very fancy travel box for my Winchester Model 1895 c(1905) and I would really like to have a early (pre WW II ) era Winchester ammo box to display with the rifle and its accouterments.

To this end I am trying to locate an early Winchester 30-40 Krag Hunting (not military) box. I would like to be able to scan the box in order to reprint labels for a hand made box (so it looks new) I have all the photo/graphics editing skills to do this already)

If you can help with this project I would be very appericative.

I have some photo examples of the type of box I am looking for.

I really like the more colorful boxes.

I would gladly pay for insured shipping both ways and do a 1-2 day turn around. Empty box only no need to ship the ammo.

30-0he55.jpg

30-0he66.jpg

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

I'll call a few friends to see if they have what you are looking for. there is a "western super X" box on ebay for the next 2 days - no bids yet starting at $8 but not as neat on the graphics as what you have posted.

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Have you checked with Ohlie in Salem? 503-585-3889

4. Old Hick

Old Hick Oregon Active Member

Or check with Hanks in Stayton. 503 769 8970.

Stay Safe.

5. Mark W.

Both shops are on my list to talk to I go WAY back with Ole. He bought all the knives I donated to Oregon Hunters Association back in my Knifemaking days. I've looked at most of his ammo boxes over the years and don't remember one for 30-40 Krag but ya never know.

Thanks for reminding me about Hanks. I sold him some Muzzle loading rifle parts as well as a little .222 Rem model 788 a while back.

6. Mark W.

I'd greatly appreciate that effort Swedish!

7. GeneSimm7@aol.com

GeneSimm7@aol.com Pennsylvania New Member

Not clear what you are looking for. Your post already shows two scans of some pretty nice boxes?

8. Mica

Mica Eugene Active Member

I have a 1895 30.40 my self. I do have a couple old ammo boxes from win and remington. they are 300 H and H though