JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for someone or a gunsmith that has expertise in assembling a custom 10/22 lr or WMR from an assortment Kidd or Volquartsen components. I have the components and desire but not the expertise to put together a working custom rifle.

I am looking for someone or a gunsmith that has expertise in assembling a custom 10/22 lr or WMR from an assortment Kidd or Volquartsen components. I have the components and desire but not the expertise to put together a working custom rifle.

I've built around fifteen 10/22's and have owned a few. Feel free to give me a call and I'll be happy to work something out with you. While I'll be happy to consult on recommended parts and assemble it, my only request is for you to be there so I can show you how it all works and then you'll have a better understanding of your gun's function. :s0155:

Having one assembled is one thing, if BNR is willing to help/show you, that's money in the bank.

I have assembled, disassembled mine a couple times now and the innards are very easy to understand.

There is a LOT of information on Youtube as far as step by step assembly procedures.

www.rimfirecentral.com is a good place to look too.

Yeah, from a Gunsmith's standpoint, most of the work done building a 10/22 doesn't really qualify as gunsmithing. I'm always quick to recommend getting professional help with gun projects, but in this case, ask a few questions from the members who volunteered their help and build it yourself. You'll do fine...

I read somewhere that Brown's will re-work the factory trigger for a very good price. .02

I can attest to Brown's work. Very crisp trigger and breaks clean every time.

And, yeah, putting together your own 10/22 isn't difficult at all. About the hardest part is installing a new titanium firing pin and pinning the bolt. (but that's only if you want that, you can send it off to have Randy at CPC do it for you for $55 as well as some other tweaks)

Having one assembled is one thing, if BNR is willing to help/show you, that's money in the bank.

I have assembled, disassembled mine a couple times now and the innards are very easy to understand.

There is a LOT of information on Youtube as far as step by step assembly procedures.

www.rimfirecentral.com is a good place to look too.

Education is very important. I had no one to show me and I figured it out by myself before I ever found Rimfire Central. Great info on that site!

I do find that pictures and descriptions are not enough for some as being shown the inner workings.

Assembling parts is easy but getting the right ones to work together as smoothly as possible is another entirely! Ask me how I know! ;)

Between rimfirecentral, youtube and other web sites there is a lot of diy info on doing custom work on this rifle. You don't need any special tools to speck of. About the best rifle to learn on, very basic.
You can buy aftermarket parts or mod the oem parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top