JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there!Just signed up with nwf and wanted to say hello and thanks for having me. Looking for a 1911 around 600 dollars 45acp. In the midst of research, seemingly there are a lot of good options for that price point. So i need some help in picking the right one. Thank you,Nick.

I have a Metro Arms American Classic II 1911 .45, works great! Yes, it's made in the Philippines and it doesn't have a whole lot of cool race-gun stuff, but it's reasonably priced and it works!

OTOH, if you can spare just a few more dollars and are willing to search you can have a Ruger SR1911, which is by all reports a very nice stainless 1911 for a very good price.

Greg

So far I've narrowed it down to a rock island tactical, taurus pt1911 which I'm skeptical about with mixed reviews, remington r1, and some others that are iffy. Looking into metro.

Rock Island has fantastic pistols. All of the Armscor manufactured pistols are good quality/base guns. The Remington R1 is fantastic, as is the Ruger SR1911. I'd stay away from the Taurus, though I have no particular personal experience.

Buy used. You'll get much more gun for your money. Round count is nearly irrelevant. My Les Baer has 15,000 rounds through it and is just getting broken in. Admittedly, that not an inexpensive gun, but I've put similar numbers through a Kimber and the wear was almost undetectable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top