Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Looking For An AR15 Smith

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by RedneckRampage, Jun 6, 2012.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

I'm wanting to swap out my 16" barrel for a 14.5" with welded flash hider. I can buy the whole assembly (barrel, sight, gas tube, nut) from Bushmaster for $235. I'd need somebody to weld/pin the flash hider and install the assembly. I'm In Portland.

2. BANE

BANE Battle Ground WA. Well-Known Member

I could help you out.
    Im in Battle ground.

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

4. MfnLeadFarmer

MfnLeadFarmer Portland New Member

I bought a 14.5 upper there (Curt's) with a pinned and welded brake and the weld looks sloppy. I take any smith work to Les up at Clark County gunsmithing in Vancouver. He's excellent.

5. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Bushmaster will pin and weld i forgot the cost maybe $35 but i bought a barrel from them and requested that. Funny thing though they send me the wrong barrel that was not pinned and i looked at and thought wow what a nice pin job i can't see the weld mark then i thought no thats too good and sure enough it was not pinned but i sent it back and they took care of it . they do do a nice pin and weld job. at least thats what they did for mine.

I usually do my own . then spray it with bake on finish . if you have Bushmaster do it they park it with the rest of the barrel

Also stag offers this service with their 14.5" barrels