JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first AKM was a WASR-10 I bought at a gun show for $400. Granted, prices in general have soared since then, but as long as you do your homework on what to look for the WASR is a fantastic entry level AKM. Mine was a tank and ran flawlessly.

I still only have a WASR-10 that I bought new back in 2019. Great AK for the price at that time. I got it though my FFL and with transfer fee It cost $635.00 I believe. I did buy some Romanian military surplus wood furniture and refinished the wood. The default wood furniture was not that great even though I shot my WASR with my default wood a lot while I refinished my surplus furniture.

Thank you all for the info. And glad yo have a OG give me direction as well much appreciated. Not sure what I will do at this time but will post an update when I pull the trigger

Thank you all for the info. And glad yo have a OG give me direction as well much appreciated. Not sure what I will do at this time but will post an update when I pull the trigger
Please do so, the only reason I don't have an AK any more is that I cannot reload for it, at least at a reasonable price. Brass case ammo is $pendy for sure and steel case really isn't cheap any more.

I have been into AKs for many years, mainly an Arsenal guy but I also own a Wasr10, Mak90, and Russian Saiga AKs. For an entry level AK that won't break the bank I would get a newer production Wasr10. Prices go up from there, but just stick to Combloc built IMO.

20210314_152354.jpg

This is what they're talking about.

Please do so, the only reason I don't have an AK any more is that I cannot reload for it, at least at a reasonable price. Brass case ammo is $pendy for sure and steel case really isn't cheap any more.
The bigger problem with reloading for the AK is that its harsh on brass, it leaves a sharp dent in the brass. You'd have to make some form of buffer on the dust cover for it to reloadable. There are 5.56 AKs so you can reload for that, but the rifles and mags are costly (and mag conversions require dremelijg the front trunnion so I don't trust them).
Wasr is century arms ??
Imported so all they do is just convert them, but be careful when looking for dracos.
You could get a micro or mini Draco and SBR it.
Be careful with dracos as some are U.S made. It should be obvious though.

I can't stress it enough, unless its Kalashnikov USA I'd stick to the imports (except pioneer arms). Maybe they've gotten better but when its my money I kind of want a better bang for the buck. Especially now as costs have gone up.

I've pretty much owned them all over the years, VEPR's, Arsenals, Definitive Arms, Rifle Dynamics, WASR, PSA and even tried a couple Century offerings......I would recommend the New Zastava from Zastava USA. They are as good and robust as all of the ones costing 2-3 times as much in my opinion. The Wasr was an excellent choice when they were really cheap, but I think the Zastava USA (Not Century Arms) is a definite upgrade for just a couple hundred bux more. I currently have a 5.56 up for sale, not trying to plug a sale for it for I think you are looking for 7.62 x 39

Cheers,

John

If the OP has basic admin skills to fill out internet forms and take a selfie; then the SBR process is two weeks. I like the balance and maneuverability especially after my shoulder repair.

36B1AE44-180E-471A-8149-10FA44291865.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads