JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone. Now, i don't want to start the argument over what is better. An AK or an AR. They are both great guns, and I plan on owning both. I would however like to start with an AK. Now I know that I can go online and probably find one. But ordering a gun over the internet just weirds me out. i want to be able to hold the gun before i buy it. So any place around Portland, or has anyone bough one online that was a good price?

I have bought weapons online, but prefer to inspect one first.

WASRs are common on the retail market right now and are very reasonably priced, a great gun for a first timer. Somewhat crude looking with their phosphate finish and rough wood, but they function just as well as any other AK out there. The Portland Gunshow is coming up this weekend and I would expect to see all sorts of AKs available for you to check out.

Keith

That's right it is....Wish my commission check came before the end of the month. Any other advice on what to look for or any extras i should look out for. I heard that mags for them are pretty hit and miss.. i would like to get at least 5 extra mags and a 75 drum if decently priced.

I saw a Romanian WASR10 over at the Gun Broker in Clackamas for $449 on Saturday. I happened upon a Mosin/Nagant M38 Carbine which I put on layaway but noticed the WASR10 which was $50 less than what I paid at the same shop about 5 months ago.

Pretty much all gun shops have ak's. Check out the guys over at Willamette valley arms in hillsburrito. Gun broker in tigard usually have ak's also fisherman marine in tigard. But call first before heading down.

there are AKs everywhere... probably because so many millions upon millions of them have been produced.

oddly enough, at the last gun show here in Portland i only saw maybe 8 or 9 of them.

Believe it or not, you can actually buy a large number of AK accessories on Amazon.com these days... just not magazines. Local gun stores here in WA state seem to be all out of 30 rd or bigger mags. CheaperThanDirt or other online shops is probably the way to go, if you don't mind a little waiting.

Pretty much the reason i would like one is to get it out of the system lol...And in case i am in a situation where a long supply of ammo would out way having a lighter 30 round mag. Thank you all for the advice though.. my go check out the shops around Beaverton and Tigard this weekend.

I've purchased a few AK's online without any problem. On the higher end you might look into Arsenal and for something more cost-effective: Hungarian AMD-65 TGI built (very nice for the money) and if your not into the wire stock/side-folder, it's a pretty easy swap for a ACE stock.

Thanks Firemedic, i have looked at a lot of both, would you recommend any sites that may have good deals on ether one of these?

Sure thing; I've purchased AK's from Arsenal directly, centerfiresystems.com, and jgsales.com. If you are looking for an AMD, I would recommend jgsales because they are the correct FEG receivers, and built by TGI as opposed to century. J&G sales will also "hand select" one for an additional fee. Basically they will make sure it is numbers matching, good fit/finish, sights straight, etc.

Here's my AMD with a couple of add on's

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823736.384226.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352823736.384226.jpg

Looks like a great gun.... i am really not looking to spend that much right now. unless i get a larger check then normal right now i am not looking to spend more the 700 or 750 tops. I am sorry about your family member and i hope that you are able to sell it.

If you decide to buy online. I had a Krebs Custom for a while, it was an amazing rifle. More accurate than any AK I have ever shot or seen, Nearly an MOA gun with wolf ammo. Like most AK it never had a problem feeding any ammo, no matter how cheap. Fit and finish were certainly above AK standards. They cost more, but they are worth it in my opinion.

I too would like to fondle the gun before I buy.... but if and when I find a good price I buy online. When it comes to a WASR or something lower quality, I would want to see it in person before I spend my hard earned money on it. I just picked up an Arsenal SLR 101S online. I saw one at Keith's and it was sweeeeeeeeeet, but they wanted $1099 and I found it under a thousand online with free shipping.

As far as ARs go..... I owned a few.... not worth all the hype IMO. They are good guns but I trust my life with an AK anytime.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top