JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just found a good deal on four Aero stripped lowers. I'm trying to keep those savings and not spend too much on transfers. A couple of the places I called yesterday wanted $50-100 for just the first receiver. I'd appreciate any suggestions. I lived in Oregon a couple years ago and remember prices being more like $25. Thanks.

I have heard others say that the pawn shop behind Tom's Pancake House in Beaverton had reasonable transfer rates, but that was a while back.

I work in Gladstone so I have used 99 Pawn and Guns on MacLoughlin near The Bomber a few times and if I remember they were under $25.00, but that was a couple of years ago.

I have heard others say that the pawn shop behind Tom's Pancake House in Beaverton had reasonable transfer rates, but that was a while back.

I work in Gladstone so I have used 99 Pawn and Guns on MacLoughlin near The Bomber a few times and if I remember they were under $25.00, but that was a couple of years ago.

I know the place in Beaverton you're talking about, I'll check them out. I'll tell you what I found out about 99 Pawn and Guns too. Thanks for the tips.

I'm just now in need of this service as well. I checked with The Gun Broker in Tigard and they charge $50+$10 background. I've always had good dealings with them but don't feel like spending $60 when it looks like I can get it for about $25. So at least one person here vouches for A Cut Above... anybody else?

I'll give A Cut Above Pawn another vote of confidence.

I had two rifles delivered to them for my personal use in Jan 2013. Ask about a discount on the transfer since you're getting more than one. :s0155:

Aloha, Mark

Just another positive experience with A Cut Above Pawn. I did two transfers on the same day. Saved $10 since there was only one background check needed. So, $40 for the two. The only bad thing was that they somehow got mixed up and called me about another package that had the same last name as me and they were telling me I needed to get in because the package was there for over a week. And I knew it couldn't have been mine but it was quite the chore getting them to understand that my package had just arrived the day before.

But all in all it was a decent experience. It was very busy on the background check site. I was number 92 in the queue at the time and it took about 45 minutes to an hour to get the results. But that wasn't ACAP's fault.

A little further away, but Willamette Valley Arms is ALSO $25. The advantage with them is they only charge it once for multiple receivers (up to a full 4473 form) assuming they come from the same place. So its not $25/each, it is $25 per call.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top