JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a Kel-Tec p11 for summer carry.

It's a GREAT carry gun.

It's a TERRIBLE shooting gun.

Long, heavy trigger.

LOTS of "Snap"

About 300 rounds to break it in.

I never shoot it any longer.

I've learned to conceal a G26 or Kimber UCC just fine.

Look around. Putting something on lay-away might be a good way to buy a more expensive quality 9mm based upon replies here

Dear Sir, at the risk of offending you, what is a Kimber UCC? If you regularly carry concealed, a Glock 26, then certainly you could find a suitable holster and carry position for any number of small auto pistols or even a J frame revolver. This thread seems to be baiting a response, bottom line CARRY CONCEALED. These kind of questions just reinforce the Anti's

Dear Sir, at the risk of offending you, what is a Kimber UCC? If you regularly carry concealed, a Glock 26, then certainly you could find a suitable holster and carry position for any number of small auto pistols or even a J frame revolver. This thread seems to be baiting a response, bottom line CARRY CONCEALED. These kind of questions just reinforce the Anti's

Ultra Crimson Carry
<broken link removed>

I'm not the one you asked the question to, but I'll tell you my experience.
Just because a gun is small does not make it appropriate for carry. I'd rather carry my 1911 Commander than my Shield. True the Shield is smaller, lighter and easier to conceal, but it takes about 3 times as long to get it out of the holster. A small grip in an IWB holster isn't always a good thing. OWB, not so much, but I rarely carry a concealed handgun that way.

As far as "baiting the Anti's", I'll keep my opinion to myself and ask you to explain why you would say that.

I would not go with a revolver. I had some that malfunctioned on me because of ammo or just because. I had the ammo sent to manufacturer and said it was fine but. ... oh well. got rid of them. I see it this way. any gun can malfunction. so truth be told. practice having a malfunction. Dry fire. I use a keltec pf9 as a back up. great gun. hoge grip and pinky extent ion work great on recoil. but i also have used the lc9 and lcp380 and p380. but gave them to the wife. I did not like the sigs. and sorry to say way to many malfunctions
with the sigs and the 1911's. I say this in the most polite way. I went with glock and xd...xds. and s&w m&p. hate to say it but the striker fires win in my book. not one miss hap. have fun shopping. It took a few handguns before I kept my main carry gun. but its whatever works best for you and access for engagement in a situation. be prepared in season and out.

I have Kahr PM-9 that I'm going to have to send back to Kahr for warranty service due to the feed ramp impacting against the magazine follower which breaks the follwer.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably buy a Sig P290RS 9mm (see - <broken link removed> )

Good luck with your choice!

Sir, I think you may have misunderstood my reply....or maybe I am misunderstanding you.....or maybe we both are misunderstanding each other......or maybe someone misunderstood what someone else misunderstood about what someone we both know was saying about....AH, Never mind.

POINT IS; My kel-tec is not fun to practice with, and I have learned to conceal other, larger, more fun to practice with, easier to shoot accurately, guns.

It's not about trying to conceal a small gun. I can do that easily.

It's about giving some HOPEFULLY helpful feedback for the OP to consider.

"This thread seems to be baiting a response"........huh???? This THREAD, or my post????

"These kind of questions just reinforce the Anti's" Huh X 2????

In response to "what is a Kimber UCC", it is very similar to a XRB723Q2 in 45ACP or 9mm, only a little different.

Maybe, but the Rohrbaugh is 0.7" shorter - that is not a "tiny difference".

But to each their own. As I said, the R9 is too small. At some point, especially for a healthy centerfire, you need something you can hold onto.

And yes, it is expensive, I mentioned that. It is a high end very rare pistol. The grips are made of carbon fiber.

Well Rohrbaugh seems to be temporarily closed for a "move" so I wouldn't even consider that as an option. There is also word on the street of a "sale", yet nothing has been released on the web site and the company has been silent for about three weeks.

Anyone with a warranty claim is SOL currently.

In my opinion Rohrbaugh is the only real pocket 9mm. This rest are just a little too big. If you want something else, the only thing that compares are 380 pistols. Of the others mentioned, I think the Sig p938 and Kahr PM9 are noticably better made/quality pistols than the LC9 or Kel tec. But they blow your $300 budget. So Ruger LC9 or Kel tec will probably work.

I haven't shot the Kel-tec, but I've either shot or own the rest, and the Sig P938 is probably the most fun to shoot. You can get a little more control, it doesn't punish your hand as much. I'm the most accurate with it, probably because of the SAO trigger and better sights.

Having said that, I carry the Rohrgaugh because it is the easiest to pocket carry.

Pick one out and test fire it. Light weight = more recoil and a number of the mini 9mm tend to sting your hand and pinch your trigger finger finger. :eek:

I've also noticed a funny primer bulge caused by the KelTec PF9. o_O

Jack...:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews