1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice for a new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tonyest29, Nov 14, 2011.

1. tonyest29

tonyest29 Gresham New Member

Hello...new to NWF, wanted some advice for a couple of things.

I. Looking to purchase an assault rifle, and I read that the gun show is this weekend. Is that a good place to purchase either a new or used one? What would be a decent price for either a used or new one?

II. Where is a good shooting range in the portland area? I have a few pistols that I would like to shoot, as well as a 22lr, and a new mossberg 12g tactical shotgun that I have been jones-ing to take out.
  2. JennyC

JennyC Portland, Oregon Member

I like going to the gun shows to look around, but usually you can find better deals in the classified section of this site..

My boyfriend Joey and I are members at Johnson Creek Gun Club (close to 82nd and Johnson Creek). I believe it's $150 a year there but you can't use shotguns or rifles.

There is also Clackamas Public Safety Training Center (close to 82nd and Sunnyside). It's a really nice range, you pay $16 each time you go, but you have to use their ammo and not sure about shotguns or rifles.

Hope that helps a little :)
  3. 19 Adam

19 Adam rural Clackamas County, Oregon Active Member

Welcome to the best firearms site in the Northwest. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Be careful not to buy everything you want or you will go broke very quick.