JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

My husband inherited a P. Beretta Cal. 7,65 - Brevettata Gardone V.T. 1944 gun in 1998 , his father owned it for many years and I'm not sure how he came about it as he had owned a military surplus store in the 1960-1990's but he also has a hidden past, the most I know is his parent were from Poland and came over I believe in 1910 He was born in 1928 but that is also suspect as I have found different ages and last name variances , I do know he was in the military, however that info is also suspect.

Back to the gun, I have found some information like this site Pistols of the German Wehrmacht that shows 3 different variations of this gun and I think ours in the 1944-4UT as my father in-law said this gun was in German hands used in the war, what I cant find is anything that shows a swastika on the grip. Has anyone ever come across one of these or know anything about it?

Thank you for any information you can share 1944.1.jpg 1944.jpg

It is a Beretta M1935 Beretta M1935 - Wikipedia
The M1935 is simply an M1934, modified to fire .32ACP ammunition.

The Beretta M1935 was captured in huge numbers during World War II from Italian and German armed forces by allied soldiers, who liked it because of its small size, rugged design and good construction. Many of these captured pistols are operational to this day and widespread in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France and in the United Kingdom. The M1935 is compact and easy to hide, with ammunition available for it.

The swastika was added by someone unknown after it left the factory.

Last Edited:
Hello,

My husband inherited a P. Beretta Cal. 7,65 - Brevettata Gardone V.T. 1944 gun in 1998 , his father owned it for many years and I'm not sure how he came about it as he had owned a military surplus store in the 1960-1990's but he also has a hidden past, the most I know is his parent were from Poland and came over I believe in 1910 He was born in 1928 but that is also suspect as I have found different ages and last name variances , I do know he was in the military, however that info is also suspect.

Back to the gun, I have found some information like this site Pistols of the German Wehrmacht that shows 3 different variations of this gun and I think ours in the 1944-4UT as my father in-law said this gun was in German hands used in the war, what I cant find is anything that shows a swastika on the grip. Has anyone ever come across one of these or know anything about it?

Thank you for any information you can shareView attachment 605359View attachment 605360
Looks like a Beretta Model 1935 probably made under German occupation as there is no Roman numeral date for the Italian regime. The swastika looks like it was done by an owner. These were officers pistols and a popular bringback. Not rare but good shooters and pocket pistols in 32acp. I have an earlier one with shiny blueing and Italian air force marking. edited to correct model number. .

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top