JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking for someone to wield a extended muzzle on my ak105 pistol to make it a rifle
Washington county 97124 area
wield
wēld

transitive verb

1. To handle (a weapon or tool, for example) with skill and ease.
  2. To exercise (authority or influence, for example) effectively. synonym: handle.
  3. To govern; to rule; to keep, or have in charge; also, to possess.
Weld perchance? :s0026:

Hehe

4a54zg.jpg

Yes but, can you "Wield a Welder While eating Weaties?!" 🤣 :s0010:
Define "welder"; person or thing?

I can wield a welder "thing" while eating Wheaties, yes, just not with any skill or dexterity.

What the OP really needs is someone who can silver solder, not someone who can weld (or wield) and preferably someone who knows the difference between the two. I would really hope that the OP does NOT find someone who actually welds something to their barrel - they would most likely ruin the barrel!

Interestingly (or not), while I can weld (or used to be able to - I haven't in decades), I suck at brazing (or anything close to it - I can solder with some skill, with tin/lead solder only, not with higher temp solder). Once I get a new shop I intend to get some welding equipment and practice to get back up to speed, probably take a TIG course (TIG was something I never attempted, but I used to be good with an oxy torch so maybe that would help a little? I did ok with MIG and stick).

Define "welder"; person or thing?

I can wield a welder "thing" while eating Wheaties, yes, just not with any skill or dexterity.

What the OP really needs is someone who can silver solder, not someone who can weld (or wield) and preferably someone who knows the difference between the two. I would really hope that the OP does NOT find someone who actually welds something to their barrel - they would most likely ruin the barrel!

Interestingly (or not), while I can weld (or used to be able to - I haven't in decades), I suck at brazing (or anything close to it - I can solder with some skill, with tin/lead solder only, not with higher temp solder). Once I get a new shop I intend to get some welding equipment and practice to get back up to speed, probably take a TIG course (TIG was something I never attempted, but I used to be good with an oxy torch so maybe that would help a little? I did ok with MIG and stick).
As @titsonritz mentioned pin and weld is the method I would use. Fast easy and minimal side effects due to heat.

I've been soldering and welding for many years (mostly hobby, wouldn't pit myself against real pro's). Learned stick and gas as a young Marine than tig and mig (sort of) many years later. Very rarely use anything besides tig and occasionally gas anymore.
Love working with my ESAB tig welder. If you are comfortable gas welding you will likely adapt to tig very well. Jest stay away from the cheap machines if you can and get a good auto darkening hood.

Love working with my ESAB tig welder. If you are comfortable gas welding you will likely adapt to tig very well. Jest stay away from the cheap machines if you can and get a good auto darkening hood.
Yup - watching people TIG weld (I had a roommate in trade school college who was a welder working on his various TIG certs), it appeared the technique was somewhat similar.

I think TIG would be very good for some of the stuff that I want to do.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top