JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had a G-Shock for a few years and it eats batteries like they are free. A coupe days ago it went crazy, the screen went dim, thinks it's 1/43/03...so it's time for a new one. I'm looking in the $1-200 range. I'm tired of digital, and am looking for kinda a military/survival style watch that is durable. Suggestions?

One that fits your criteria is Traser. Hard core/tough, reliable, tritium, rotating bezel, simple and survival/tactical. I received a sterile version as a gift a long time ago and it has had the snot knocked out of it on the range, ground fighting on the gravel (when the mats are not large enough), and training in the wilderness. And I'm not known to be easy on gear and mine while no longer show room new is still a solid performer. It seems to be easy on the battery and depending on your model selection should meet your budgetary criteria. Traser is not a statement, it is a tool.

You might consider getting a Seiko Diver of some sort - mechanical, so no batteries to replace. Glows great in the dark (although, not as good as the Traser watches). Day/Date. Timer. They can take a beating. A little large, though.

Casio G-Shock Blackout GR8900A-1 Tough Solar Watch.

I know you said you're tired of digital, but I thought I'd give my two cents. I recently picked this up for $120, solar powered so it doesn't use batteries, not sure how long it'll last but I reckon it should be a while. Digits are easy to read during the day except in direct sunlight, and at night the back light is more than ample. As with all G Shocks it's tough as nails, I've banged it against lots of things, dropped it, shot guns with it, it's all good.

I really wanted something like this one...

gw-2500b-1ajf-a.jpg

But from what I've read the LED back light isn't the best, since it lights up the bottom half only. And coming at $200+, no thanks, too rich for my blood, haha.

Ok another fine candidate is the Citizen Eco-Drive Military Caliber E100. A little dressy compared to the Traser. It is under $150 and needs no batteries. Solar power and mine requires very little sun to keep it charged. This is my dress and SHTF watch when watch batteries are no longer at Fred Meyer!

I cannot vouch for its ruggedness as I just don't take it to work. And I use a rotating timer bezel several times a day and rely on tritrium which this watch does not have. So it is saved for the NRA Banquets!

BM818003E - Citizen Eco-Drive Military Caliber E100 Mens Watch at Abt

I've had a G-Shock for a few years and it eats batteries like they are free. A coupe days ago it went crazy, the screen went dim, thinks it's 1/43/03...so it's time for a new one. I'm looking in the $1-200 range. I'm tired of digital, and am looking for kinda a military/survival style watch that is durable. Suggestions?

I'm a watch geek. Have quite a collection. I got a Gshock 'multiband' at Costco. It is solar powered and satalite synched. never needs a battery. Also have a LumInox Navy Seal dive watch. Battery lasts 2-3 years. I've had this one since 1999. Only two of 20 watches, but I love them both.

I have a Seiko Solar that works great and uses no batteries (although I guess there is some kind of battery that is kept charged by the photovoltaic cell). Mine is more or a dress watch, but I'm sure they make some more "tactical" styles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top