JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for Turkey hunting spots in western Oregon. Fall season is here and I am new to the area. I live in Portland. So if you know of a spot. Please give me a PM. Public or Private lands. Talking about Private land hunting!!! Did I mention, I am a great Home Brewer.

The closest area near PDX is on the Barlow Ranger District on the Mt Hood National Forest. I don't hunt turkeys myself, but I have seen quite a few of them running around over thataway over the years. All public, National Forest land and close enough for a day trip.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm looking for input on PNW turkey habitat. I grew up in Pennsylvania and you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a turkey, but I've never seen one out here outside of a Safeway frozen section. Any tips? Thanks!

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm looking for input on PNW turkey habitat. I grew up in Pennsylvania and you couldn't throw a rock without hitting a turkey, but I've never seen one out here outside of a Safeway frozen section. Any tips? Thanks!

Depends on where you hunt in the state.
Dufur area is a little open, and they're out there but not like in PA. The White River area specifically is where we used to hunt. Couldn't think of that earlier.

Turkeys in Oregon are rather specific to Regions of the state. Lots down south, near Roseburg and in Douglas county. Always hunted in and around Dufur, just on the east side of MT Hood. And have killed one and see more and more over where we elk and bear hunt in the Starkey unit on the east side of the state.

The game regs show that they issue 4000 tags for fall turkeys on the West side of the state, 500 in Eastern OR (Blue Mountain) and 450 in North Eastern OR.
So at least for fall season, the west side, and specifically down south near Roseburg will have a lot more birds.

I tend too see a lot of birds on the Safeway and Albertson National forests . ..I keed I keed. I also vouch for Dufur and if you dare travel that far for a stinky tough bird...Starkey or anywhere in the ochocos.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top