JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, not a gun! I'm looking for an Old School Tonka truck from the late 70s to early 80s for a special 3 year old for Christmas! I cant even find images on line of the specific truck, but it resembles a first gen Ford Bronco and came in Red, Blue, or Later Black, and is about 20 inches long, 10 inches wide, and about 8 inches tall, the later black version had wheels you could take off with large plastic wing nuts! Any version would be swell!
Haven't had any luck with online resources ether so I thought I would turn to you good folks and see if we can't come up with something. Any toy collector type places in the Salem Area that I might try? :)

Soooo...
In google search I typed in" Tonka toy bronco" then looked at "image"...and ebay had "Bronco's " mostly "Brown" or they might have been black from eveywhere in price from $24.00- $99.00
Not sure if this the one you are looking for or even helpful...
Andy

Not being local to you, I don't know what shops might exist.
I do know that ebay will be your best bet though and you should be prepared to pay anywhere from $50-100 +.
I know because my dad had a barn full of tonkas and nylint toys I helped to sell.
Here's a couple that I kept for myself.

15129491297521797315354.jpg 1512949190886-2038680114.jpg

There's a Black one in good condition on ebay at $45. Auction ends in 22 hours. Spare wheels and two scooter things to go in the back.

You could also try some antique shops in your area or Craigslist.

Bingo, eBay! They actually list i as a Bronco adventurer. Just orderd up a super choice condition red one for the little feller!
No way was I going to give him mine from way back when, my boys get to fight over that one!
Will arrive here in 8 days, can't wait to see the l'll Buggers face Christmas morning!:)

How cool would it be if modern toys were made with the same or similar pride of craftsmanship and longevity.

Oh, to have been around in the days of the greatest generation. Though far from as easy a life as we live now, I often fondly reminisce of the good old days.

Just imagine driving this down the beach at the age of 3, pushing by the top and going as fast as your legs can go, hitting a bump and flying azz over tea kettle over the top! Yup, wouldn't trade that for any thing!
aeb8b86ce139d4150ec6682d64cf7775--jeep-wagoneer-classic-toys.jpg
Fun times right here!

Even more cool, there are tons of spare parts and sticker sets to restore some classics from our youth:)
Sure don't see toys of that quality these days:( but we can find good origionals still, and thats what im doing from now on!

Bingo, eBay! They actually list i as a Bronco adventurer. Just orderd up a super choice condition red one for the little feller!
No way was I going to give him mine from way back when, my boys get to fight over that one!
Will arrive here in 8 days, can't wait to see the l'll Buggers face Christmas morning!:)

When I started reading this that was the first thing I was going to suggest, eBay. When looking for something like this it is the place I go. Even if its not there the first time I look I keep checking and sooner or later what I need shows up. Glad you found what you were after.

Ok, not a gun! I'm looking for an Old School Tonka truck from the late 70s to early 80s for a special 3 year old for Christmas! I cant even find images on line of the specific truck, but it resembles a first gen Ford Bronco and came in Red, Blue, or Later Black, and is about 20 inches long, 10 inches wide, and about 8 inches tall, the later black version had wheels you could take off with large plastic wing nuts! Any version would be swell!
Haven't had any luck with online resources ether so I thought I would turn to you good folks and see if we can't come up with something. Any toy collector type places in the Salem Area that I might try? :)
eBay if you just type in Tonka you get 16.998 results if you type in Tonka Ford bronco it narrows it down they range from 15 bucks to 100 bucks depends on the shape there in NEVER MIND I MADE IT DOWN TO THE POST WITH YOUR PICTURE LOL I had a lot of toy trucks as a kid wish I still had them

I have this one
Vintage Tonka Fisherman's Truck Rare 14" | eBay

In better shape though. One tail light missing, and no tailgate. The tailgate on the one in the pic is not original. I'd be happy to let mine go if the price was right. It's just been sitting around collecting dust for years.

If you think you'd like this and want more pics of mine I'll work some up? Lemme know?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR