JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been searching and searching for a good outdoor place to shoot on MT Hood. No luck. Im not interested in ranges. It seems most places have been shut down because of the slobs that leave their trash. If anyone can let me know of a good safe place I promise to respect it.

Thanks Rstark33, I went up there today. TOO early. There was about 8-10inches of snow on the ground and snowing. I made it very close but decided to turn around. I did notice a lot of no target shooting signs though. Is it still ok to shoot in the pit?

Anyone know of a place at a lower elevation?

sheesh bigfoot, you sure are generous. i found one i didnt know existed last week. got there on four wheelers and i aint telling nobody. up by secret creek at the base of notellum butte.

Heh, that's cause I don't shoot there anymore. Although I was there last summer since it was on the way. Rstark33 says they put up a gate since then which is too bad it used to be popular with shooters. There's never been any no shooting signs at the pit but like I said things might have changed since last year.

I've also gone shooting a couple miles past the gravel pit turnoff but that's at a higher elevation.

There's never been a gate to access the Wildcat Mountain gravel pit. Still isn't. That's been a go-to shooting spot of mine since I was a teenager. If there are people at the pit, there are plenty of other spots up further, but you'll have to find those on your own. Everybody knows about the Pit, ask any high schooler in Sandy where the gravel pit is and they can tell you. If there's cars parked up top and no one around, there may be people out on the trail that goes around there, so make sure you've got a good backstop for whatever you're shooting at.

Of course, this time of year, it can be hard to get up there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top