JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I need work done to my car and every mechanic ive called are charging a lot more than i can afford (almost half of my montlhy) So If you're a retired mechanic looking for extra cash and live in the Tigard area this post is for you!
My car: Saturn v6 l300 2005
Miles: 104k
What needs to be done:
Timing belt kit (I have the kit)
Synthetic oil change
Thermostat replacement
Hazard light switch replacement (I'll have to order)
Status check: trans/steering/brake fluids, spark plug and gasket cover.

Price is negotiable. Let me know if anyone needs extra cash for the upcoming holidays!

Last Edited:
If you were closer man. I'm not ASE- though. Kinda quit working on cars about a year ago. Got tired of it. Not the cars, the people. haha.

I think it's asinine what mechanics charge now days. Even for simple things like you need done. I mean, good grief! I've slowly lowered my pricing as the economy sank. No reason to charge so damn much while people are working and making less and less. Straight up highway robbery.

Look up James, JRE Automotive, he is very reasonably priced and does great work. He is very close to Tigard as well and can be reached at 503-590-2300.

Check out Craigslist, but just make sure the guy is -was ASE certimafied and honest. Good luck !:s0155:

You put the words craiglist and honest in the same sentence.

That simply does not happen on flakeslist.

A local independent shop where I have known the owner for 15 years does great work for me. Probably about $ 95 an hour, always has taken care of me. I do all the wrenching on my 2 classics, but the newer rigs , 97 and 02 go to the shop.

You put the words craiglist and honest in the same sentence.

That simply does not happen on flakeslist.

A local independent shop where I have known the owner for 15 years does great work for me. Probably about $ 95 an hour, always has taken care of me. I do all the wrenching on my 2 classics, but the newer rigs , 97 and 02 go to the shop.

I see you're in western Oregon (assume he is as well). How west? I'm willing to drive an hour out of my way to get the right service.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads