JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for a skilled maintenance and repair person.

Job description:

Commercial and industrial property maintenance and repair work.

Jobs range from replacing lights, light fixtures, ceiling tiles, plumbing, light electrical, drywall, painting, small asphalt repair, small concrete work, some carpentry work (if you can think of a job then we probably do it) - basically experienced with hand tools and the ability to troubleshoot. Willing to train the right person on skill sets you may not have but a general knowledge of tools and how to use them is paramount plus the more experience the better. Veterans would be ideal but not required.
You would need the general tools for most jobs a handyman would need.

Pro's:
Small tight knit company
Family first mentality
A variety of jobs so not monotonous
Company Vehicle (generally)
Power tools provided
Excellent crew and boss
Only a couple buildings in DT Portland
Most jobs are in the greater Portland metro area
Rarely call out or overtime

Con's
Not many…
Small company so small benefit's
Some call out and overtime

Honestly, I've been with the company for 2 years and it is hands down the best place I've worked in 28 years.

If interested please Private Message me and I'll get the ball rolling for an interview.

Don't be shy if you lack a couple skills listed, we can definitely teach the right person.

Thanks!

This is for M-F 7am-3pm (although lots of jobs are flexible, I just prefer to start early if I can so I can beat traffic and be home early) but hours can vary slightly depending on job needs.

Thanks for posting.. I think it would be cool to have a stickied jobs thread. This is a good resource. I would probably be interested if it was closer to home and not Portland.

Best of luck finding someone.
About half of the jobs I've seen on indeed have about 200 people applying to each posting. Some of the ones with fewer applicants have only 20-40 bit there's lots of people looking as well.
I'm just trying to stay put or move to Idaho like everyone else it seems.

Thanks for posting.. I think it would be cool to have a stickied jobs thread. This is a good resource. I would probably be interested if it was closer to home and not Portland.

Best of luck finding someone.
About half of the jobs I've seen on indeed have about 200 people applying to each posting. Some of the ones with fewer applicants have only 20-40 bit there's lots of people looking as well.
I'm just trying to stay put or move to Idaho like everyone else it seems.
Yes, it is very hard to find good people these days (for any profession according to friends etc) especially people who are proficient with hand tools as well as being able to problem solve.

Yes, it is very hard to find good people these days (for any profession according to friends etc) especially people who are proficient with hand tools as well as being able to problem solve.
Yeah I'm lucky, I hit that magic sweet spot some how, seems everyone is looking for what I got. I would get Christmas gifts from family and take them apart when I was young.. Then soon after take them apart and put them back together.
Somehow always managed to entertain myself with dad fixing the car etc and grew up with hand tools and reamers etc in my blood. Around 15-16 years old got into electronics pretty heavy started building PC's back when they had jumpers (before dip switches) got into CAD/Networking/electronics while still in highschool for votech.
My dad was a pretty good QA/QC guy @ Boeing so I also kinda grew up with calipers and tight tolerances in mind.

I have a pretty well rounded skill set at this point. Sadly too many short term employment gigs. Settled to often didn't ask enough questions etc during interviews, for sure stayed to long at dead end flaky jobs just getting too comfy and never worked out. Its as equally hard finding good employers as it is finding good employees. I guess that goes with mates/partners and really anything that's sought after, a universal common denominator.

For anyone on the fence about checking with Joe about this, do it. I checked into it and it sounded like a good a opportunity. I was on a different path and mulling over my options and chose a different route.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top