JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fwiw I've always had good luck with co2 also. I had a crossman 2300kt pistol and upgraded the power and put a tko on it and that thing was murder on small rodents and pigeons. It had a match grade lothar Walther barrel on it. With the right pellet you could get same hole accuracy time after time at 20 yards. The crossman custom shop pistol/carbines are great value imo and are all co2. I gave that one away to family cuz I stopped using it after getting the PCP pistol.

The Benjamin/crossman discovery rifle is an interesting one because it can be run on either co2 or air (PCP). Used to have one of those in 20 caliber that I won and it was all customized for power (too much power actually). It was too loud and I gave it to a friend.

I'm going to pick up another armscor .22 powder burner next week and customize to make a folding stock (the whole gun is about the same price as a buying a stock). I love to shoot rifles but hate lugging them around and transporting them due to the length. It should be a good portable pesting gun hopefully.

Last Edited:
We have a couple of dogs that are just as good and have quite a few rats to their credit. The only problem is that when they dig after them, they make a much bigger hole. :) Bouvier des Flandres

We also had a miniature Dachshund a number of years ago that was an excellent ratter. We always knew when a rat had taken up home around the patio because he would go on the hunt. He would shake them to death while the Bouviers take one crunch on their backbone and they are dead. One of our young Bouviers didn't quite understand the routine though and got one in his mouth. He thought I was playing with him when I tried to get it away so it swallowed it. The last I saw was the tail going down. I call him rat breath now. LOL!

Mike

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads