JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the rat isn't particularly fast, a blow gun could do the job. I've used them on starlings and mice and they work well. Just a little practice and close range shots will be no problem. Also good for finishing them off in a trap if the trap didn't kill them.

But if you really want an air gun - the Stoeger X20S2 suppressed is probably about the quietest airgun you can get right now - about 94db - and it's subsonic, which helps keep things quiet. $129 for .177, $149 for .22 - I prefer .22 myself.

Stoeger Arms X20S2 Suppressor Air Rifle. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com

PY-2406_Stoeger-Arms-X20S-Suppressor_1463510170.jpg

Just in case....

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006M9OFCC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get some broadhead darts: https://smile.amazon.com/Venom-Blow...pID=31mio6Gi8uL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

71KHlN5wg1L._SL1500_.jpg

If the rat isn't particularly fast, a blow gun could do the job. I've used them on starlings and mice and they work well. Just a little practice and close range shots will be no problem. Also good for finishing them off in a trap if the trap didn't kill them.

But if you really want an air gun - the Stoeger X20S2 suppressed is probably about the quietest airgun you can get right now - about 94db - and it's subsonic, which helps keep things quiet. $129 for .177, $149 for .22 - I prefer .22 myself.

Stoeger Arms X20S2 Suppressor Air Rifle. Air rifles - PyramydAir.com

View attachment 457382

Just in case....

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B006M9OFCC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get some broadhead darts: https://smile.amazon.com/Venom-Blow...pID=31mio6Gi8uL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

View attachment 457383
Lol I have both those the gun even though it is SUPPRESSOR there not as quite as a red Rider
The blow gun is quite but most of the time you shoot a rat with it the rat will run away with your dart and die somewhere else maybe

Lol I have both those the gun even though it is SUPPRESSOR there not as quite as a red Rider
The blow gun is quite but most of the time you shoot a rat with it the rat will run away with your dart and die somewhere else maybe

True, the Red Ryder would be quieter, but does it have enough oompf to take down a rat? I suspect it might be a bit under powered for that - depending on the size of the rat, that is.

True, the Red Ryder would be quieter, but does it have enough oompf to take down a rat? I suspect it might be a bit under powered for that - depending on the size of the rat, that is.
Not the size the distance a red rider is pretty powerful with in 10 yards

So there I was...
Awakened by a loud racket in the kitchen at O dark thirty...
Pots and pans banging away , skittering and scratching , just a general ruckus...
Naturally I have to go see what is going on...

We have several cats...one of which is a mighty hunter...She kills lots of critters and often brings home her Kill...
The morning in question however , she brought home a not so dead wood rat and was chasing it in my kitchen...

Now being the smart man that I am ...I decide to "help " her out...by grabbing my Spear...
Between the two of us we corner the rat and I manage to kill it...

So there I was , in the kitchen...spear in hand with a shish kebobed rat and....'cause I don't have pajamas ...naked....:eek:

That is about the time that I remembered that the window in our door was not shuttered...and open to full view to our new neighbors...:eek::eek:

Picture of the spear ( sans naked Andy , Whew! :D )
Andy
DSC06421.jpg

So there I was...
Pots and pans banging away , skittering and scratching , just a general ruckus...

We have several cats...one of which is a mighty hunter...She kills lots of critters and often brings home her Kill...
The morning in question however , she brought home a not so dead wood rat and was chasing it in my kitchen...

Now being the smart man that I am ...I decide to "help " her out...by grabbing my Spear...

So there I was , in the kitchen...spear in hand with a shish kebobed rat and....'cause I don't have pajamas ...naked....:eek:

That is about the time that I remembered that the window in our door was not shuttered...and open to full view to our new neighbors...:eek::eek:

Andy
View attachment 457400
That's the story lol so now you all can go get a Zulu spear lol

So there I was...

Andy
View attachment 457400

Damn! :eek:

So there I was...

Andy
View attachment 457400
You belong on naked and afraid..............

I don't know if they make them any more dasiy power line 177 cal pellet pump on the side I had one when I was a kid they are really good $_1.JPG

I found a few in eBay the dasiy 717 power line single pump they don't make them anymore .
One on eBay says new in open box 99 dollars the others are used going for bids of 60 to 80 BUCKS lol

Daisy pump gun. Quiet. Use .177 hollowpoint pellet. One shot, one kill. New ones have high viz fiberoptic sights, nicer than the thin metal blade mine had as a kid. I killed mice, rats, gophers, moles, starlings and lots of soda cans with one. Got my son a BSA model for his birthday, it came with a tin of bbs and a tin of hollowpoint pellets, and safety glasses. Its very quiet, compact, perfect ambush gun.

I have had the same problem your friend had, and I ambushed the little furry fackler with a multipump daisy with a surefire g2 duct taped under the barrel :D Gotta ID the target ya know!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top