JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My friend and trainer is looking for a place to teach a small group of students. Ideally in King County but Pierce may work. Classroom and live fire.
We are having a tough time finding a range in which to rent space from so I thought I would reach out here, in the off chance something came up. If you have any info or have questions for me, shoot me a PM and thank you for your time.

My friend and trainer is looking for a place to teach a small group of students. Ideally in King County but Pierce may work. Classroom and live fire.
We are having a tough time finding a range in which to rent space from so I thought I would reach out here, in the off chance something came up. If you have any info or have questions for me, shoot me a PM and thank you for your time.
I don't think you and or your friends would be under a going concerns insurance umbrella. Never heard of it.

What type of training are you looking to provide? I know of at least on gun club here in Oregon that requires a vetting process before trainers are allowed to offer classes at the club facilities. In order to protect the income of the already vetted trainers, your training would need to not cover something already being offered. As an example, if you offered a multi state CHL class and the club already provided that training itself or through a currently vetted training group, you'd be SOL.

It's almost like asking folks where their favorite hunting/fishing or shooting spot is. Nearly everyone is not going to provide that info to you without some type of personal vetting or there was some sort of benefit to them.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

What type of training are you looking to provide? I know of at least on gun club here in Oregon that requires a vetting process before trainers are allowed to offer classes at the club facilities. In order to protect the income of the already vetted trainers, your training would need to not cover something already being offered. As an example, if you offered a multi state CHL class and the club already provided that training itself or through a currently vetted training group, you'd be SOL.

It's almost like asking folks where their favorite hunting/fishing or shooting spot is. Nearly everyone is not going to provide that info to you without some type of personal vetting or there was some sort of benefit to them.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.
Well aware that pretty much someone has to die for a spot to open up it seems, haha. But just figured Id ask "outside the box" so to speak. We can offer anything from intros to advanced as well as courses covering use of deadly force law in WA state. At the moment my buddy has students lined up for training, just finding a location is proving more difficult than expected. Starting to think investing in a chunk of land may be our best option. Anyway, I was not expecting much from my post but ya never know, right? Stay safe!

If you are sourcing the students by yourself, not trying to use the range to generate them, and using your own curriculum, I'd think most ranges would allow you to use their facilities.
That's how most of the training I've attended has worked, at least down here in Portland. The instructor isn't a "guest instructor", the range isn't officially "hosting" the event. The instructor is just reserving an entire bay/range, and using a dedicated range supplied RSO. Sometimes I've paid the range separately for their portion of the fees, other times it's taken care of by the instructor.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top